Carbon Tax. Want it ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you for the Carbon tax ?

• Yes.

Votes: 9 8.2%
  • No.

Votes: 101 91.8%

• Total voters
You'll be fine, don't be such a nancy boy, wait till we get on to lessons about how to clean a loaded shotgun, and how to polish explosives.

We don't need the carbon tax. Fire hit the Shell refinery apparently and now shell servos are either rationing diesel or stopping it altogether.

I've only heard bits and pieces on the radio, I haven't been home all day. I found a mid 19th century wine pipe today among all sorts of other shit

Still going through all the shit, they might be family hairylooms :big_smile: Dunno what we are going to do with it all, will probably offload alot of it.

The sky didn't fall, but Labor's deficits are going through the roof.

Everyone has always considered Whitlam's government as the worst government in Australia's history, the Gillard government can now take Whitlam's trophy.

How long till Labor do it again ?

I really can't see any change in prices and where there has been rises, like electricity that is attributed to network infratructure and cost of energy/fuel to generate it.

On July 1 the system goes to Carbon based trading as apposed to a tax. I think Abbott and co will have a very difficult time removing it as it will be such an intergrated part of the ecconomy. No matter what you think of it or what he may be saying now. In fact he doesn't seem to coming out so much with the "toxic tax" line now.

There so called direct action plan is a con. I had a good laugh when Penny Wong came out and said "everytime I hear the word direct action it remindes me of the Trotskyites at university."

Abbott doesn't even have to try to remove the carbon tax he just has to tell the media he tried and that he couldn't possibly do it then hug a few babies and people will all bow to his feet and agree he did everything he could. It's the same game all political leaders play, it's just going to be so much easier for Rabbit if he gets in.

I want to know why if the carbon tax has made my power, gas and water bills rise why the increase in cost since the carbon tax came in has been about $20 per bill on gas and power and less than $5 on water yet for the past 10 years I've lived in this house the utilities costs have risen about 80%.

My utilities bills have been rising since 2003 yet the rise since the carbon tax came in has been less than any other individual rise in 10 years. Of course it makes sense to blame the current government.

It's all lies I tells ya!

Facts only exist on one side of the argument apparently, although what I don't understand is why the side that has all the facts never has to produce them.

I find it funny that so many people put faith in a man (A. Jones) who as a license condition for him to do his job has to have a facts checker. Just a shame that the facts checker is Andrew Bolt, :smile:

Latest posts

Back