Carbon Tax. Want it ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you for the Carbon tax ?

• Yes.

Votes: 9 8.2%
  • No.

Votes: 101 91.8%

• Total voters
The scientist who spoke to AJ said Australia has one of the best long term studies of sea levels ect exceeding 100 years in the harbour. He stated that over the last 100 years the water level had risen 10cm which is an average of 1mm a year, yet over the last few years he has found that the water level has been slow to rise.
]/quote]
So WTF has Europe been doing for centuries? Not keeping records? Forgive me for not believing that first bit about "long" term.

Last sentence means SFA as he has basically said it is still rising. Would he have been selectively quoting data, aka picking a period that supports his argument like the IPCC?

And Chubby wonders why people no longer trust "scientists"

He was dumbfounded as to why the Govt would accept the IPCC over its own scientists (because they wanted the tax) The problem with the computer modelling is that it isn't specific to Australia. The example he gave was if the GOVT was going to build a bridge in the harbour, we would conduct our own studies on traffic flow, volume, predicted increases etc Not build a bridge based on a computer simulation of San francisco, or London.

Err, because it is a GLOBAL problem?
Not that I trust the IPCC either.

Last thing, Bob (ben dover) Brown said that just one of the coal mines in QLD that exports to china will completely offset any benefit that the carbon tax will have because china will burn it etc.

That is why I don't feel the least bit guilty about any carbon emission I might create. That carbon should go on China's, or whomever takes it, ledger.

^ That last paragragh, ain't that the !@#$%^& truth.

Isn't only the UK left who is actually for a Carbon Tax.

I'm all for agreeing with the carbon tax.....but I'm also a shit stirrer that can't help thowing out a lure when there's some really silly fish biting everything that passes their nose. Some days its like fishing in a 44 gallon drum with a shotgun.

I'm all for agreeing with the carbon tax.....but I'm also a shit stirrer that can't help thowing out a lure when there's some really silly fish biting everything that passes their nose. Some days its like fishing in a 44 gallon drum with a shotgun.

So easy,,,,

Too easy.... Why aren't you at work dave, carbon tax got you too scared to go near a cows bum?

Oh yeah I forgot about that. One of the perks (?) of working for yourself is you have a habit of forgetting such things.

Why don't you come down here and wash my ute or mow my grass?

I haven't got a Victa so it's just like cutting your own grass only from here you wont hear your missus nagging about your own grass not being cut.

That's illegal, only qualified monkeys are allowed to change tap washers and electrical fittings, although I think different monkeys are required for each job.

Just remember, the red wire goes to ground and black wire goes to the sparky side and always remember to leave the mains power on whilst doing the job to ensure you've got enough residual power to warm the globe before you turn it on for the first time.

Back