Can’t turn over crank to set timing

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I
There should be a vacuum-operated actuator (so that the ECU can open the wastegate). This should pull up to open the wastegate. If you (using a new piece of hose) suck on the actuator, does it move the arm at all? Is it all the way up already? Try pushing it further down, does it move ("down" means towards the connection on the turbo, away from the actuator).
i pulled the vacuum hose of the actuator and blew air into it and it moves up and down just fine. The rod sits by itself closest to the actuator furthest away from the dump pipe. Took it for another drive still gutless . I guess the next thing would be to pull the intake pipe of the front of the turbo start it and see if the turbine is spinning under revs .

Well I’ve had the front of the turbo off, it’s definitely spooling up under revs, took the hose off the intake side of the intercooler and it’s blowing air through there, the intake has suction, checked all hoses including the valve cover hose and it’s blowing air, checked all fuel hoses were in the right place . Reset the ecu again and I’ve still got no bloody idea. It’s as slow as a tractor and I’m not game to drive it anywhere far from the back roads. The obd2 reader when running is reading 30000kpa fuel pressure at idle going up to about 60000 at 3000rpm. It’s not picking up absolute intake pressure for some reason . Could this be the scv valve? The only code it’s ever thrown is the cam position sensor . I cleaned that and the connnections but it’s still there until I reset the ecu. I’m out of ideas might have to bite the bullet and take it into the mechanics again.

The turbocharger sounds like it's behaving, let's leave it alone for now.

The SCV is on the fuel pump, nothing to do with the air. It can be a problem, and you'll only know for certain after you replace it, because sometimes adding injector cleaner doesn't fix it (if it's damaged, what else can you do?). But I don't think we're dealing with that here.

This is a D22 - it doesn't have a MAFS and a boost sensor like the D40, I thought it had one sensor called a MAPS and that was on the intake manifold? Someone help me with that? You could take this sensor out, give it a clean and reinstall it, making sure the electrical contacts were in good order.

I'd also check the battery negative connection on the engine block (if you haven't done this already).

Know nothing about the 2.5 but the zd30 has a maps and if it isn't working, I can tell you from experience they can be very slow and gutless (even more so than normal lol).

The turbocharger sounds like it's behaving, let's leave it alone for now.

The SCV is on the fuel pump, nothing to do with the air. It can be a problem, and you'll only know for certain after you replace it, because sometimes adding injector cleaner doesn't fix it (if it's damaged, what else can you do?). But I don't think we're dealing with that here.

This is a D22 - it doesn't have a MAFS and a boost sensor like the D40, I thought it had one sensor called a MAPS and that was on the intake manifold? Someone help me with that? You could take this sensor out, give it a clean and reinstall it, making sure the electrical contacts were in good order.

I'd also check the battery negative connection on the engine block (if you haven't done this already).
Maps was cleaned when reassembling the motor. Pretty much everything has been cleaned before putting it back together. Got all the crap out of the intake and blocked the egr, cleaned the intercooler with petrol, degreased and cleaned the turbo, every electrical connection cleaned .

Maps was cleaned when reassembling the motor. Pretty much everything has been cleaned before putting it back together. Got all the crap out of the intake and blocked the egr, cleaned the intercooler with petrol, degreased and cleaned the turbo, every electrical connection cleaned .
I stuffed up the letters . It a yd25 2.5 d22 so doesn’t have a MAPS. It does have a mass air flow sensor just after the air box and yes this was cleaned.

I'm running out of ideas now, unfortunately. If the SCV isn't faulty, the turbocharger is doing everything right and it's only going into limp mode and throwing camshaft codes when it's revved, I'm sorta stuck, because you've already checked the camshaft position sensors.

I assume the engine runs smoothly up until the moment it fails? Is there any debris (metal filings) around the sensors?

Wait a second ... isn't there a crankshaft sensor that's magnetic and gets interfered with if there are any metal filings near it? Can anyone remember?

It throws the camshaft code all the time. Just takes maybe 20 mins to come back on after clearing the code and resetting ecu. It revs just fine . It’s only noticeable when in gear and driving because it feels like a bus and takes about 2kms of road to get up to speed. It’s prob on about less then half the power it had driving it home from the auction with a cracked head. It runs smoothly the whole time . Just flat to the floor doing around 3000rpm and barely moving the speedo on a flat road. I haven’t checked the crank sensor . I’ve read the p0340 could be a few different things .

Just an update . The new head didn’t come with the cam senor bit attached to the cam. Pulled the old one off the old cam attached to new one and she runs fine now. I know I should have noticed but the mechanic who put the head on definitely should have noticed.

Latest posts

Back