Bundy Trip - any advice

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wex

Reaction score
Hi Peoples,

Planning a trip up to bundy for abit of fishing and camping.

Has anyone stayed at either the Elliot head holiday park or the Burnett Heads Lighthouse holiday park?

Or know of any other nice places to stay.

Cheers!

burrum point campground is nice, though possibly a bit far from bundy. It is accessed via woodgate.

+1 burrum point or woodgate

Elliot Heads is about 20 min from CBD anyways so another 10 min out further isnt too bad. Boat access OK

Moore Park has 4wd beach access (free) and some camp spots (no facilities though). Its about 30min north of Bundy, not sure on boat access.

Depends on what type of camping and fishing you want to do......

hey guys,

thanks for that - driving from brissie so an extra 30min either way is no issue.

Dont have a boat so mainly stick to beach fishing and bank fishing in the rivers (unless there is a boat hire place)

Anyone know what the fishing is like up there?

Kinkuna beach camping is good and the track in can be fun with some soft sand only thing is there is no water or toilets there. I have heard elliot heads park is nice.

Cheers
bryan

If from brissie then burrum point is on the way to bundy. Turn at luckett's road as if heading to bundy, past Mamino's ice cream, and drive up until you hit Goodwood?? school. Woodgate is in from there, and then about halfway between woodgate and walkers point is the turn off. Only 5 min max from woodgate.

Fishing there can be awesome, got theodolite creek to north of woodgate, burrum to the south and the beach right infront. A couple years ago we were catching tuna off the bank in the burrum! Normally though you could expect bream, flatties, some big whiting in the right spots, moses perch, tailor during winter all in rivers. Off the front mostly whiting, flatties, trevally and queenies.

Hey Not sure If I am too Late for you, But I just spent last weekend, at Rules Beach, half way between Bundy and Agnes. Mitchel Creek Camp Ground, no facilities, Beach Fishing Creek Fishing Crabbing as well. I just uploaded some Pic on here, 4 Days we were there and we did not see another camper, and only 2 other cars came in for a quick fish and visit. Accessible at low tide. I will be going back great place.

Latest posts

Back