Broken torsion bar??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luke91

Reaction score
Hey guys and girls went out for a play on the weekend and think I have broken my passenger side torsion bar. It sitting on the bottom bump stop, the adjusting bolt has gone really loose and if you pull the front of the car up and down there's no movement like from the strut. If that makes sense. Sorry not to mechanical minded.

Cheers

Attachments

• image-3507187652.jpg
    image-3507187652.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 101
Have you had the torsion bars out of the car recently.
If so you probably have not fitted the adjusted correctly.
Never heads of a torsion bar breaking.
Cheers

They have been in there for about 2 years. Bought them off you actually they were blue max ones. Heard bit of a bang and then realised the passenger side had dropped!

I'd say more likely a stripped adjuster, you'd be able to tell pretty quickly if the actual bar was broken....

Yeah that'd be it. It was just flopping around up and down. Am I up for new torsion bars?

Couldn't say without removing it, but usually the splines strip out inside the adjuster, not the actual bar itself. You won't be able to tell how bad it is until you remove the old one. Adjusters can be had from wreckers pretty cheaply apparently, I couldn't say how much though because I haven't had to replace one...

They have been in there for about 2 years. Bought them off you actually they were blue max ones. Heard bit of a bang and then realised the passenger side had dropped!

Hi mate.
If the bar is broken then it is covered under warranty.

I doubt the bar is broken but when you pull it out you will know for sure.
Like the other said probably the adjuster.
Cheers

I'm positive it's the adjuster. I don't no a great deal about them. I'll pm you and get some more off ya tho. Think I'll just buy some new ones. Thanks for all the input guys đź‘Ť

Go to a wrecker, I did the same when I installed my Tough Dog set up and it was $45 from a wrecker. if you buy newies you would be looking at least $200 each especially from Nissan (guestimate only)

they are a pain in the arse to fit and adjust
i got mine from the wreckers for $90
Nissan wanted $400ish for memory

Mine cost $90-$100 I broke 2 hard to get seems a lot break them . I do have a set torsion bars for sale since I thought I broke them :)

Latest posts

Back