Brake vacume nightmares.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Test drove this morning and brakes are locked on ,Siri reckons it,s the master cylinder ,just ordered another one from da wreckers
do not get braking parts from wreckers. last thing you want is brake failure at speed due to a master cylinder thats been sitting around going rusty.
easy enough to get new ones.

So all one way valves in brake line go so vacume can be sucked into engine ,correct.as that is the way I put em on yesterday.
Correct. Air should be able to flow towards the pump.

This manual, while not specifically for your model, nevertheless gives some ideas about symptoms and testing procedures for brake components.

Mine has a valve in the hose that attaches to the booster as well and yes I directed the flow to the pump ,heard a sucky gurgle noise from master when car was off y'day low n behold brakes want to stay on today.I get another master cylinder tommorrow.Try that out for size.

do not get braking parts from wreckers. last thing you want is brake failure at speed due to a master cylinder thats been sitting around going rusty.
easy enough to get new ones.
Not around here ,can't get new booster ,only from Nissan $980 didn't ever bother with master.
Yet you are right lots of wreckers have been sending me shit parts.

afaik there is only check valve on the vacuum system and thats at the vacuum pump and air should flow to the pump.
Not sure about other check valves, but I know there's one in the hose near where it joins to the booster itself (at least on mine there is).

Thinking of digging beyond the vacume pump something tells me that it,s a deeper problem as the case just goes onto an elongated cog that pokes out of the front casing whereas in a D40 that same elongated cog ,goes onto another cog that can be damaged ,Mr logics telling me if I dig to where the other cog is I,ll more than likely find a damaged cog and the source of my problem digging deep.

Latest posts

Back