Brake lights

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnandrews61

Reaction score
My d22 brake lights and fuse keep blowing . auto electrician says he can't find the fault. If he can't find the short circuit/ bad earth. Then how can this annoying issue be fixed. Any one with a d22 had similar fault?. Cheers john

The very first thing I'd do is look at the trailer plug. Take it apart, look for ants that may have built a nest in there, or just salt trails. It's supposed to be clean. Exposed wires that make a connection may be hard to see against the black background so use a torch and a small screwdriver to drag along the plastic between the connections.

Next is to look at the wiring behind the tail lights where they normally make the connections for trailer plugs and make sure everything is in good order there.

If you have an electric brake controller installed (may be a difficult-to-see unit in the dash, and may just appear as a button) disconnect this unit and check its wiring to ensure it's not exposed and touching something under the dash.

I had the same issue, found a small crack in the parking light mounted in the Bullbar, this then filled with water causing the short. Must be all on the same fuse.

Latest posts

Back