Brake light fuse prob

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaiP

Reaction score
Brake light fuse blowout. I have had the tech guy out to check but still have fuse blowout within a day or two. Any ideas.

Do you have a trailer plug?

I've found either loose wiring or a dirty connection bridging the pins in there and then blew the fuse

I've found either loose wiring or a dirty connection bridging the pins in there and then blew the fuse
Yes I do however my

Yes, I do. My electrics have been insp by my tech guy and appear OK. But fuses still blowing. I'got thru a load of fuse' and feel like banging my head against brick wall😩!!

not sure weather nissan installed the towbar and wiring but i there is a piggy back plug and play kit..

not always going to be done like this but may pay to check the other connections if it is a little more closely. disconnect, tap out any dirt or debris, spray a electrical cleaner and reconnect - or before you reconnect, try a new fuse to see if it blows. if not that will be your problem..

also check, remove and reinstall all the rear globes.. funnier things have happened by globes joining another circuit - on another nissan we own, only while indicating left, the car was pulling power around the corner- turns out, it was bridging with the brake light and cutting power? strange huh

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221223_205950_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20221223_205950_Samsung Internet.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20221223_205932_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20221223_205932_Samsung Internet.jpg
    813.7 KB · Views: 1

Latest posts

Back