Brake issue - pedal feels soft

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoOff

Reaction score
Have had the issue of my brake pedal depressing too far for quite a while. Checked whole system and seems everything is fine. Have serviced all brakes (front caliber was seized), changed fluid, and checked/scanned ABS.

I was thinking there must be an air leak somewhere, but have check and can't seem to find anything. Someone has mentioned they have experienced issues with the brake actuator mechanism on rear axle causing this issue. Am wondering if any others have had this issue and what you did to sort it out?

Cheers,
Pete

Actually it is the load sensing valve. Am wondering if any others have had issues with this.

soft brakes is often air still trapped. there is a certain order for them to be bled in. i can't remember if there is a nipple on the load valve.

or the rear brakes need adjusting. rather common as the auto adjusters tend to wear out. i've had it where the drums have been worn out.

soft brakes is often air still trapped. there is a certain order for them to be bled in. i can't remember if there is a nipple on the load valve.

or the rear brakes need adjusting. rather common as the auto adjusters tend to wear out. i've had it where the drums have been worn out.
Yup, there's a bleeder on the proportional valve unit..

Have had the issue of my brake pedal depressing too far for quite a while. Checked whole system and seems everything is fine. Have serviced all brakes (front caliber was seized), changed fluid, and checked/scanned ABS.

I was thinking there must be an air leak somewhere, but have check and can't seem to find anything. Someone has mentioned they have experienced issues with the brake actuator mechanism on rear axle causing this issue. Am wondering if any others have had this issue and what you did to sort it out?

Cheers,
Pete
Have you put a seal kit through the Master Cylinder?

And use a vacuum bleeder or pressure bleeder unit, start at proportional valve, then left rear, right rear, front left and finish on front right...

Sorry for the delay in response. Tested all and everything is ok, except the pressure regulator on rear axle seems to have a slight leak. Car is braking much better after changing front pads and reZ shoes, but still not perfect. Will keep updated when I decide it's worth spending more money on a vehicle that isn't my daily driver.

Cheers,
Pete

Latest posts

Back