Both parkers working, only one brake working.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrmeme1212

Reaction score
Greetings brain trust. Both parkers work, only one brake light works. Globe was fine but I bought a new one just in case, still just parker. Get ~11v through one pin to earth when parker is on, nothing on the other regardless of parker or brakes being on. Pulled the back off and probed the wire going to the dead pin, I get a random like 1v to earth from there with brakes on. Visual inspection along the lead back to where they join together looks fine. Do I just replace that section of harness or chase the cable back until I get 12v or something?

Check the towing electrical connections, and make sure the ground you choose is a good one - sometimes the local ground in the tail lights can become dodgy, particularly if someone's been adding wiring for towing.

It might also pay to undo the tail light connectors and plug them back in. You can inspect them for debris (mine had some light brown dust in them, no doubt from one of our outback treks) and cleaning that out helped mine.

Check the towing electrical connections, and make sure the ground you choose is a good one - sometimes the local ground in the tail lights can become dodgy, particularly if someone's been adding wiring for towing.

It might also pay to undo the tail light connectors and plug them back in. You can inspect them for debris (mine had some light brown dust in them, no doubt from one of our outback treks) and cleaning that out helped mine.
Checked all, I have some aftermarket tray on the back the first owner put on it and everything is just spliced together so there's no plugs to look at. I ended up just briding the other brake positive to the one that wasn't working and it's all good now. I'm assuming there's a break somewhere in the dodgy wiring, hopefully it doesn't start a fire! I'll look for it one day. Cheers Old Tony, single handedly keeping this site alive. I'll have another one for you to look at with your expertise shortly lol.

Latest posts

Back