Boost control Valve/solenoid question..... or two

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all,
Another dumb question from yours truly.

I ordered a boost control solenoid for the 2010 2.5 D40 MT and have an issue. The plan is to swap out all vacuum-related parts with the new turbo install.

The usual place that most posts and pictures I have seen including the Gregory's service manual show it sitting behind/underneath the airbox opposite the alternator. I couldn't see it anywhere.
I then notice a similar but smaller valve in front of the oil filler cap mounted on a bracket with a different style connector.
The nav does have an electronic actuator on the turbo so I don't know if that makes a difference.

Cheers
1661412326356.png

Last edited:
Thanks, Manning.

I thought I had it figured out but nope. I'll have a look at the engine number tomorrow, maybe someone swapped it out at some point from a different year/model.

A quick recap:
The Nav had lost power and blew smoke. Searched for leaks as I thought it might be a blown gasket but found nothing, compression test came back within spec although in the lower range. Wasn't losing oil or coolant.

Swapped out the MAF with no change. Then I checked the turbo and it was seized. Couldn't see any visible damage but could not move the compressor wheel. I assume this was caused by a lack of oil.

I pulled the turbo, intercooler, hot and cold pipes, throttle body and all vac lines. There was oil everywhere from the turbo all the way through to the throttle body. Pulled the turbo apart and found the journal bearing had basically fused to the shaft, I had to hammer it out. One of the seals was a little bit chewed up so I am guessing this was the cause of the failure and the oil..... I hope.

I have cleaned everything, replaced all the vac lines (went with some silicone lines), and checked the feed lines which were all good. The new turbo arrived yesterday which I will install tomorrow. Even gave the cat a good flush. I am hoping this is just a case of an old turbo at the end of its life.

This BCV that has me stumped. I did an ohms test on both. The old one came back 30.4, and the new one came back 13.7. 🤷‍♂️

Latest posts

Back