Bonnet restraint

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brad20v

Reaction score
Hello all
Does anyone have a pic of the nissan d40/R51 bonnet restraint catch and info on how it fits. My bonnet has recently started to come unlached on rough roads
Thanks

It's a separate cable bolted to the bonnet with the other end slipping over a bolt on the support brace across the front of the top of the radiator.

I can't take a pic of mine. It's somewhere on the highway in the middle of Australia, lost a few years ago. I would absolutely love to use this as an excuse to go back there now and look for it, but alas it's probably gone.

On the positive side, though - my bonnet has never shaken itself loose.

Thanks Old Tony
Mine is 2012, after the vin no listed for recall etc, never had an issue until recently. A good spray with WD40 on the latch assembly and it seems to stay down not sure what problem is, I will have to keep eye on it.

I was under the impression it was the welded latch section breaking with rough road travel & increase front end load due accessories

I was under the impression it was the welded latch section breaking with rough road travel & increase front end load due accessories

Yes, that's what broke, and the restraint that was added as part of the recall was supposed to prevent the bonnet from flying up and smashing the windscreen if that latch actually broke.

On mine, the restraint broke and the latch remains solid!

Latest posts

Back