Blown head

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shearerpete57

Reaction score
Hi,new,member,tap brains trust thanks. 2012 d40 ,4wd ,cut out while driving ,overheated ,waited 3hrs cool down ,wouldn't start ,easy to turn over, bubbles radiator ,I would like to know the sequence I take now ,eg new motor ,rc,tast somehow ,got know idea ,thanks

First step would be an examination to determine if it's actually a cracked head or just a blown gasket. If it's just a gasket, you could get away with replacing it. I'd suggest checking with a mechanic to see what they say the likely damage is.

If it's a cracked head, replacing it isn't as bad as we once thought. My own car cost me under $4K to replace the head (including ALL parts). It's run like a dream since then.

It needs the mechanic to take a look at it first, and he'll probably have to remove the head to check it completely, so you have a choice: take a chance that it's only a gasket and hand it to him hoping for the best, or say "to hell with it" and buy a whole new head and just get the whole thing done.

There's no point directing you to the head that I purchased. In my 2009 model, the head has 4 intake ports where in your 2012 it has 8, so you can't use the same one. I'm fairly sure the one I grabbed was this one:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3234794...wVzCh+Go74U/iIeTN6TwFya/jg1e|tkp:BFBM0PqgsZBg

First step would be an examination to determine if it's actually a cracked head or just a blown gasket. If it's just a gasket, you could get away with replacing it. I'd suggest checking with a mechanic to see what they say the likely damage is.

If it's a cracked head, replacing it isn't as bad as we once thought. My own car cost me under $4K to replace the head (including ALL parts). It's run like a dream since then.

It needs the mechanic to take a look at it first, and he'll probably have to remove the head to check it completely, so you have a choice: take a chance that it's only a gasket and hand it to him hoping for the best, or say "to hell with it" and buy a whole new head and just get the whole thing done.

There's no point directing you to the head that I purchased. In my 2009 model, the head has 4 intake ports where in your 2012 it has 8, so you can't use the same one. I'm fairly sure the one I grabbed was this one:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3234794...wVzCh+Go74U/iIeTN6TwFya/jg1e|tkp:BFBM0PqgsZBg

Latest posts

Back