black smoke

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chappy1958

Reaction score
gday fellas. new to this forum. can anyone tell me why i see so many navaras blowing black smoke. my 2.5 d22 only done 82 k. doesnt blow smoke but wondering if it will further on down the track.

big factor is low quality fuel. used to be a big issue here until govt made it illegal to have smoky vehicles, so fuel companies had up their game.
navaras have been heavily influenced by the euro market (which is why navara have so many 2.5 litre engines not 3 litres) where they tend to have good fuel.

the other thing is servicing. lack of resetting the fuel data when doing fuel filter changes means it over-fuels a fair bit until ecu learns the change. part of that is simply clogged up fuel filters due to poor quality fuel.

and then knuckle draggers who think a smoky diesel is a good diesel.

big factor is low quality fuel. used to be a big issue here until govt made it illegal to have smoky vehicles, so fuel companies had up their game.
navaras have been heavily influenced by the euro market (which is why navara have so many 2.5 litre engines not 3 litres) where they tend to have good fuel.

the other thing is servicing. lack of resetting the fuel data when doing fuel filter changes means it over-fuels a fair bit until ecu learns the change. part of that is simply clogged up fuel filters due to poor quality fuel.

and then knuckle draggers who think a smoky diesel is a good diesel.
thanks tweak e will change filter regularly

bac to the past with the late 90 navaras people would have their inj pumps recalibrated to try and give them a bit more grunt ,if they were opened up to much they had serious black smoke issues ,

gday fellas. new to this forum. can anyone tell me why i see so many navaras blowing black smoke. my 2.5 d22 only done 82 k. doesnt blow smoke but wondering if it will further on down the track.
Hey man also d22 navs run an EGR which recirculates exhaust fumes back through the engine to lower emissions.

Alot of people blank them, its not legal but its your choice.

Latest posts

Back