Bench seat replacement with patrol seats and 3/4 bench

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sammich

Reaction score
G’day lads.
First time for me posting up a question on here so apologies if I haven’t quite put it in the right thread topic.

I’m looking at changing my seats in my single cab d22 as most of you all well know that the bench seat in them is not the greatest and doesn’t do wonders for the back after a few hours.

I’m fully aware that the dual cab d22 seats are a simple bolt in affair with minimal fuss. However I still want to have the ability to seat 3 people.
I happen to have in my possession a set of seats out of a GU patrol Ute which is a single bucket for the driver and a 2/3 bench passenger seat. Using these would allow me to keep the 3 seat capacity whilst having some comfort.
I could also simply use a dual cab d22 drivers seat and the patrol bench to make it even simpler as the patrol drivers does need adjustment to fit.

What I’d like to know has anyone ever put the patrol bench seat in their Ute and how did you achieve it? I’ve spent quite some time searching for answers but to no avail so I thought I’d ask.

If it comes down to it I imagine I could just get some factory dual cab passenger seat rails then fab up a bracket of sorts to get the bench to attach to it.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Cheers and sorry for the long winded post

Last edited by a moderator:
G’day lads.
First time for me posting up a question on here so apologies if I haven’t quite put it in the right thread topic.

I’m looking at changing my seats in my single cab d22 as most of you all well know that the bench seat in them is not the greatest and doesn’t do wonders for the back after a few hours.

I’m fully aware that the dual cab d22 seats are a simple bolt in affair with minimal fuss. However I still want to have the ability to seat 3 people.
I happen to have in my possession a set of seats out of a GU patrol Ute which is a single bucket for the driver and a 2/3 bench passenger seat. Using these would allow me to keep the 3 seat capacity whilst having some comfort.
I could also simply use a dual cab d22 drivers seat and the patrol bench to make it even simpler as the patrol drivers does need adjustment to fit.

What I’d like to know has anyone ever put the patrol bench seat in their Ute and how did you achieve it? I’ve spent quite some time searching for answers but to no avail so I thought I’d ask.

If it comes down to it I imagine I could just get some factory dual cab passenger seat rails then fab up a bracket of sorts to get the bench to attach to it.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Cheers and sorry for the long winded post
G’day Sammich;
Apologies I can’t solve any of your issues;
What will you do with your D22 Bench Seat?
Is it in fair condition, head rests intact & functioning?
mine snapped-weighing up welding or replacing.
3 seater-well yes I have a 94 Hilux single cab 3 seater & my latest 2008 D22 3 seater.
Sadly only a 5yr old child or a blue heeler would be able to sit in the middle! I think the middle seat belt is to secure a carton of beer!
3 Adults would is a struggle to change gears & even shut the doors!
Good luck with your mods!
Cheers Jeff.

G’day Sammich;
Apologies I can’t solve any of your issues;
What will you do with your D22 Bench Seat?
Is it in fair condition, head rests intact & functioning?
mine snapped-weighing up welding or replacing.
3 seater-well yes I have a 94 Hilux single cab 3 seater & my latest 2008 D22 3 seater.
Sadly only a 5yr old child or a blue heeler would be able to sit in the middle! I think the middle seat belt is to secure a carton of beer!
3 Adults would is a struggle to change gears & even shut the doors!
Good luck with your mods!
Cheers Jeff.
All good mate it seems it’s a bit of figure it out as I go deal haha. I’m trying to source some dual cab seat rails yet so I can fab them up to fit the patrol seats before I go removing the standard bench seat for good, but once it’s sorted I’ll probably get rid of the stock bench as it will realistically take up a lot of room that I don’t have much of. So would be willing to sell it but that won’t be for a while yet sorry

Work it out as you go seems the best option. It’s be an uncommon swap I’d imagine.

If it fits, then it’s just a matter of mucking around with brackets and mounts until it fits - and stays.

Work it out as you go seems the best option. It’s be an uncommon swap I’d imagine.

If it fits, then it’s just a matter of mucking around with brackets and mounts until it fits - and stays.
Yeah looks like that’s what I’ll have to do. The drivers seat should be fairly easy from what I’ve already looked at with it, just the bench seat will need some slight fab work to get it to fit but it should all be good.

I may have to document my work as I go.

All good mate it seems it’s a bit of figure it out as I go deal haha. I’m trying to source some dual cab seat rails yet so I can fab them up to fit the patrol seats before I go removing the standard bench seat for good, but once it’s sorted I’ll probably get rid of the stock bench as it will realistically take up a lot of room that I don’t have much of. So would be willing to sell it but that won’t be for a while yet sorry
Patrolpart would be able to supply.

Latest posts

Back