Availability of timing chain tensioners

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iceman

Reaction score
Hi all been an absolute age since i last posted on here :)
I still have the same 2010 D40 but last week it left us on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere in the dead of night. Problem? Blew the snot out of the head gasket. There is a coolant passage right at the front of the head above the water pump but the head bolts are inboard of it leaving it with not much to keep it sealed. Pretty piss poor design there nissan...Anyway it pushed out the gasket and dumped the coolant. Long storey short its at the mechanics. Head is split in three places. New head is on the way. The timing chain was replaced about 100k ago and is still in perfect shape. all apart from the one tensioner which is about 50% worn that he would like to replace. Problem is that the full kit is about 2k which i really cant afford to add to the bill. single tensioners are available from nissan but not in stock for the forseeable future. Im hoping someone here can suggest where i could source one...please....oh and im in NZ but happy to ship across the ditch. TIA

Check out navarapart.com, or patrol part.com on ebay,

I got the banana guides and lower tensioner for 265, shipping was quick as well

Back