At wits end!!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have any information on the manual for the sensor resistance, which I guess isn't unusual. The manual basically says the sensor detects whether or not exhaust pressure is close to atmospheric pressure and if it is, there's an exhaust leak, and if there's no leak, replace the sensor.

So how's the exhaust itself? Completely intact? Is the CAT intact or has it been hollowed out?

Hi Tony, the exhaust is in good condition, however the reciept I have for tge exhaust states it has a cat delete.

Hi Tony, the exhaust is in good condition, however the reciept I have for tge exhaust states it has a cat delete.

Ute is Petrol not Diesel?

Is there another sensor post cat that is meant to be there and now no longer there or has been moved?

I know on my Subaru's back in the day they had a sensor after the turbo and one after the Cat.

Ute is Petrol not Diesel?

Is there another sensor post cat that is meant to be there and now no longer there or has been moved?

I know on my Subaru's back in the day they had a sensor after the turbo and one after the Cat.
Its a diesel and that is the only sensor, apart from my own egt sensor I connected with a gauge to see what is going on. Last time the code went off the egt was only 220c

If the sensor is before the CAT, the CAT delete might be the issue - the CAT is a restrictor, which will cause a pressure increase between it and the turbocharger. In the V9X, the manual states that it uses this figure when working out how hard to make the turbocharger boost.

If the sensor is before the CAT, the CAT delete might be the issue - the CAT is a restrictor, which will cause a pressure increase between it and the turbocharger. In the V9X, the manual states that it uses this figure when working out how hard to make the turbocharger boost.
Ah I see, I have attached the work they did just prior to me buying the vehicle. Maybe the cat could be the issue

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211206-164416_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    Screenshot_20211206-164416_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    960 KB · Views: 13
Ah I see, I have attached the work they did just prior to me buying the vehicle. Maybe the cat could be the issue

Who tuned the car? I have a feeling it's to do with what they are trying to tune out / delete via the re-map.

The fact that they even state it had to go back to the tuners to get rid of the code worries me.

Sometimes a tune can be more a headache than a positive if it's done by the wrong person.

Since I have had the car I have had the car bought back to its base tune from standard. But the previous owner has said he had the code before any work was done to the car. However it does say that a blanking plate was installed, when I last chexked there wa nothing there. Like the title says I am at my wits end

There's a good chance that the mob that did the CAT delete also edited the ECU to accommodate the pressure sensor's output. Returning the ECU to standard will remove that - so you might need to drop a CAT back in, or take it to those guys and have them remove the sensor test again.

And I'm just thinking, over the years we've seen so many weird and different things happen - what a ride it's been!

There's a good chance that the mob that did the CAT delete also edited the ECU to accommodate the pressure sensor's output. Returning the ECU to standard will remove that - so you might need to drop a CAT back in, or take it to those guys and have them remove the sensor test again.

And I'm just thinking, over the years we've seen so many weird and different things happen - what a ride it's been!

This right here, you need to get the ECU looked at. Even call up a place like Berrima Diesel (if you're in Syd) and just ask his thoughts maybe?

Latest posts

Back