Any problems with changing coolants? What coolant do you use?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rallydudeman

Reaction score
Just wondering what coolant people use in their ZD30's, and whether you noticed any differences or had any problem when you did..

I recently did a coolant change and decided to use the Penrite Blue OEM coolant as this was the one recommended on their website for the D22 ZD30. This is the first time i have moved away from the OEM coolant after a couple of previous coolant changes..... Unfortunately i've just noticed that my radiator is leaking. i have't quite picked where its leaking from yet but there's a bit of coolant around the join between the top tank and the core, so i suspect its leaking from the join.. I'm just curious if the change in coolant type could have contributed.. I understand that its likely that its a total coincidence or even more likely that when flushing the system it pushed the 18 year old radiator over the edge... i guess i'm just wondering whether people have had any issues using different coolant, as the manual only specifies OEM coolant..

cheers

Howdy, they're know for splitting tanks from cores.. plastic to alloy uggg I'd say pure coincidence my man...

I'm chasing a leak and I just recently changed colours too :)) pure coincidence im betting... new genuine radiators are cheap..

Back