Airbag Light

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heath.j2354

Reaction score
Anyone know how to fix or what might be wrong with my 01 d22 nav, airbag light is flashing and thought I would ask before I take to auto electrician. person I bought ute off reckons its been flashing since he towed a trailer with a dodgy trailer plug.

Either your airbag or the airbag controller is broken, or it has been broken, repaired and not reset.

There is a procedure in the workshop manual to reset the airbag module. Mine (2003) required a multistep procedure with switching the contact (key) swith on and off on specific intervals. There is an older procedure using the door contact switch.

The flash-pattern indicates what is wrong, see the workshop manual. There is a link somewhere on this forum.
You'll have to find the applicable version of the RS chapter yourself.

I'm not really sure a broken trailer(plug) can influence the airbaglight. It is not connected to the brakes or lighting or anything.

It's also possible that it's a broken clock spring in the steering wheel. It's a common problem with D40s. If the diagnostic unit can't see the airbag because of the broken clock spring, it will light up the warning light.

In NSW, you can't get a roadworthy certificate for registration of the vehicle if that light's flashing.

Latest posts

Back