Airbag light not coming on.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 50547

Reaction score
Yeah another problem with my baby but I'm a bit confused with this one. The airbag light isn't coming on at all when you turn the ignition on. Caused me to fail roadworthiness test. But then today when I was driving round town it started working again. Then I got home, rechecked it and it's stopped working again. I have it booked into a garage to plug into diagnostics on Friday but just wondering if anyone might think there's a simple fix before spending money on that.

I am not really tight with the D22 instrument cluster, but I'd assume one of three possibilities:

1) The bulb in the dash is slightly dodgy. I've had bulbs break their filament and work intermittently and it was only when I was turning the bulb over in my hand that I noticed the filament fall away from the connection.

2) The instrument cluster has a poor earth (this IS a D40 issue). Not sure if it will be your problem, but check to see if any OTHER globes or instruments are not working normally - if everything else is ok, it won't be the earth. If something else is playing up, you might need an auto electrician. In the D40, the solution (believe it or not) was to add an earth wire from the stereo to the bodywork under the dash.

3) Faulty airbag diagnostic module. This happened to me. I had to replace the module - Nissan wanted over $1K (Australian dollars) and a wrecking yard sold me one for $100 - I figured that a car wouldn't be wrecked because the airbag module was faulty and it worked fine. T50 security torx bit was required to remove the module in my D40, the D22 might be the same.

Yeah another problem with my baby but I'm a bit confused with this one. The airbag light isn't coming on at all when you turn the ignition on. Caused me to fail roadworthiness test. But then today when I was driving round town it started working again. Then I got home, rechecked it and it's stopped working again. I have it booked into a garage to plug into diagnostics on Friday but just wondering if anyone might think there's a simple fix before spending money on that.
Any solution?

I had the same issue in my d22.
Found it was the drivers side seatbelt pretensioner. Pulled on the seat belt a few times and the light started working again.

Latest posts

Back