Aftermarket wheels causing steering wobble

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael10

Reaction score
Hi all,
Have had a problem with my navara steering ever since I can remember, where the steering wheel wobbles like crazy between 80-110km, and multiple alignments and balances haven't fixed the issue. The mechanic told me it could be due to the sunraysias I have on, apparently they don't sit and lock in like the genuine nissan ones do (perfect fit, slight imbalance or something)
Can anyone shed some light onto this?
Cheers

The mechanic is probably correct the steelies could be the problem but don't rule out an out of round tyre or an old flat spot,did you have a lockup in the dry?.

Had a mate with the same problems bud, even got new muddies to try fix it. Turns out the bottom bushes in the front shocks were worn. Have a check there

had the exact same problem with my ute, it wasn't the tyres at all.. it was the rear uni joint on the front tailshaft so get that checked out. If it's only speed related it's a good chance to be a uni joint

Same issue with mine, will check ball joints etc. Has anyone used centralising rings on aftermarket wheels?

had same issue and turned out one of the front driveshafts was on its way out. Got replaced and never had issue since

The mechanic told me it could be due to the sunraysias I have on, apparently they don't sit and lock in like the genuine nissan ones do (perfect fit, slight imbalance or something)
Can anyone shed some light onto this?
I would not be using wheels that do not fit the hub properly. That locating ring on the hub that the wheel centre fits neatly over is there for a purpose. You are asking for trouble if the wheel does not fit snuggly on it.

Have a close look around the wheels, most of the Sunraysia style wheels I have seen that are not centre locating types have "for trailer use only" or similar stamped on them in little letters somewhere.

Latest posts

Back