Aftermarket shock length

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The travel is limited by the bump stops on the front anyway, so I don't think longer shocks are going to be necessary. On the back it depends how far it's lifted. If it's 2" or less, probably not. If more than that it might be worthwhile.

I use these with a 40mm lift. They make a big difference to the ride quality. No doubt you there are better shocks on the market, but nothing of near comparable quality for the price. Have been through some horrendous tracks all loaded up, around the centre of Aus which give a whole new appreciation for the term "corrugations". Shocks have been fine.

The travel is limited by the bump stops on the front anyway, so I don't think longer shocks are going to be necessary. On the back it depends how far it's lifted. If it's 2" or less, probably not. If more than that it might be worthwhile.

I use these with a 40mm lift. They make a big difference to the ride quality. No doubt you there are better shocks on the market, but nothing of near comparable quality for the price. Have been through some horrendous tracks all loaded up, around the centre of Aus which give a whole new appreciation for the term "corrugations". Shocks have been fine.
Awesome, thanks for the suggestion 👍🏼

When I get closer to getting this d22 on the road am looking to going for Rancho shocks again especially for travelling with varying loads and conditions have had them in Hi luxes and found them phenomenal both for any conditions and durability.
One set that I changed onto three vehicles, I couldn't change the settings so I rang them and they told me how to fix it they were on that vehicle when I sold it, all up they did 3-400k min all round OZ including the Gibb, Savannah way and Cape York when there were 850 kms of corrugations to Siesha about 2000.

H
When I get closer to getting this d22 on the road am looking to going for Rancho shocks again especially for travelling with varying loads and conditions have had them in Hi luxes and found them phenomenal both for any conditions and durability.
One set that I changed onto three vehicles, I couldn't change the settings so I rang them and they told me how to fix it they were on that vehicle when I sold it, all up they did 3-400k min all round OZ including the Gibb, Savannah way and Cape York when there were 850 kms of corrugations to Siesha about 2000.
Ha, Rancho came up in my search as a good set also, looking at the 9000 i think.. good to know! Cheers...

Latest posts

Back