Aftermarket head unit - Bluetooth not working

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inphered

Reaction score
Hi all,

Recently installed an alpine unit into my 2011 d40 Thai. I used the aerpro harness adapters and the Bluetooth bypass module in order to get Bluetooth and steering wheel control working.

My first issue I've come across is that, when using Bluetooth to make a call, the person on the other end can hear me perfectly fine, but for me it sounds as if the audio is coming from the tweeters in the dash only and the volume is very quiet, barely audible. All other functions work, with audio from the radio, Bluetooth audio streaming and Android auto (via usb) all fine, it's only when making or receiving a call that the audio spacks out.

Now, prior to changing the stock unit I had a similar issue, occasionally the audio would be fine and come through the speakers normally, then other times just the tweeters. I've also noticed that the drivers side speaker seems to work only sometimes. It'll magically work when driving but most of the time it's dead. I thought it was a head unit issue but I think I need to change that speaker.

Also the steering wheel control unit from aerpro (chuniui is the code I think) I matter what dim switch position i use from the manual the steering wheel controlswon't talk to the alpine head unit.

Has anyone come across this? I know the new bypass module is working as the old one (that comes with the wiring harness) no one could hear me and I got no audio through any speakers.

Like I said, it's just the audio for calls that this happens to, both old and new head units....

I'm thinking of taking it too an audio installer and seeing their opinion and maybe having it hard wired, but thought I'd check here in case its something simple I'm overlooking.

Cheers

Are your front speakers working properly? I thought my Bluetooth (cheap Chinese android unit) was not working and I thought radio was working fine, but eventually discovered the front speakers were toast. Replaced the speakers and it’s all good now. The Bluetooth calls only use the front speakers on my unit but the rear speakers made up for the regular radio etc. can test it simply by setting the fade to front/rear and se if the volume changes.

I think it’s fairly common for the front speakers to blow from what I’ve read and a new unit might have more power than the original head unit shortening the life of the front speakers.

The other thing I’ve found (again with cheap units) is that the Bluetooth call volume seems to be very low and needs to be cranked right up compared to radio etc. think volume at 30 instead of 15.

Yeah I've got the Bluetooth volume on both the head unit and the phone as high as possible. But I'm thinking maybe the speakers are fingered.... Guess I'll swap them out and see, before I take it in an get the wiring looked at.

I've just done a jvc head unit in a2011 thai. Had to get the chinuiui as you said above, jvc patch cable that goes from the right hand side of the box with dip switches to the swc cable off the back of the head unit. Found configuration 1 works the best but doesn't use the answer/ hang up buttons correctly.

Answer changes the source on the head unit. Hang up answers the call and I can't hang up a call apart from on the phone.

One thing I did find was you must connect the right hand side Molex connector into the black box before the left-hand side. Doing left first seemed to make it not work at all.

All up, 4 aerpro items purchased to mostly do the job right. Also can't use the original microphone.

Latest posts

Back