Advice on Bashplates

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foxtrot16

Reaction score
Hi all - I am after some advice on bashplates. My Brown Davis bash plate is shot after nearly 10 years of use and I need to replace it.

I am currently looking at either ARB, TJM or Ironman and I would like to know:

1. How hard are they to fit yourself?
2. Do they mount into the same chassis holes?
3. In regards to recovery points, do they get mounted on top of the bash plate? - with the Brown Davis bash plate it mounted to the chassis in the holes used for the tie down hooks first and then you mounted the recovery hooks and tightened them all down.
4. Any photos would be good :)

Look forward to hearing your responses :)

Thanks - Karl

Hey mate, i have Ironman on mine. They fit well, no rattles and are strang as due to the amount of hits they have received. Mine go from the front under the bull bar right to just past the B pillar to cover the long range tank. Been on now for approx 5 years. The recovery points mount on the plates and bolt through the chassy. I have one each side and again never an issue. Previously had ARB, they made a vibration noise when travelling rough roads and were heavier then the Ironman ones.

Only negative is, you have to remove to drain the oil. Each plate overlaps the next so you have to take all off. In saying this i am going to cut holes in them where the drains are located to make it easier.

Hope it helps.

I'm interested to know how you have killed your Brown Davis bash plate beyond repair?
I have a set of 3 on mine and while they are not the most pretty of things, they are heavy and strong.
Pain in the bum to remove for servicing but couldn't imagine the others would give as much protection?

I'm interested to know how you have killed your Brown Davis bash plate beyond repair?
I have a set of 3 on mine and while they are not the most pretty of things, they are heavy and strong.
Pain in the bum to remove for servicing but couldn't imagine the others would give as much protection?
I agree 100% with Joe. I have a set of 3 Brown Davis and they're very satisfactory (and fit well).

Latest posts

Back