Advice on 2013 stx 550! Help!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wrinklepot

Reaction score
Hi, I have always loved the butch look of D40 Navaras. I am looking at a 2013 stx 550 110,000kms, was brought in to NZ as a chassis write off from Aus. Had it checked out and it has had 2nd hand chassis replacement which looks good, front ball joints need replacing, wheel bearing, leaky power steering pump all of which seller is going to fix. Also has check engine light on which suggests EGR valve which they are also going to fix. I am still keen to test drive but should give it a miss? Is this just my want for the Navara!? Just need some sense talked into me, once this is fixed how problematic is this thing likely to be!?

depends on why its a aus write off.
a lot came in as flood damage. some it was minor damaged, but others water got into the wiring and it needs whole new wiring looms, which makes it good for parts only.
if its crash damaged then look for all the dodgy repairs.

Here is a bit of information from Australia.
Here in Australia badly damaged vehicles are referred to as Written Off Vehicles or WOV's
These then fall into 2 different catagories :
1. Uneconomical to repair which is a 'repairable written off vehicle or
2. Damage in such a way that they are considered unsafe to repair at all. Called a “statutory write off” or “non-repairable write off”. These are Un-repairable Write Offs.
In all States and Territories of Australia, vehicles that have been written-off as unsafe to repair cannot ever be re-registered again. These vehicles are then entered by law into a national register.
My best advise would be to check with your local vehicle licensing center, that is the government department that handles registrations in NZ.
Find out what type of write off it was in Australia and if the person or company cannot tell you that and provide you with the documentation that proves it then my advise would be "do not touch it."
If you post the VIN number I can check for you at this end.
Cheers

The info I got when I was thinking about getting a cheap cruiser from Qld that had been written off in the floods, was that you could apply for registration in NSW, but it basically wasn't going to be approved, so there wasn't much point. Not a good idea anyway.

As to the op, I would be very wary about that one.

how fast are you at running cos i would run away,and not look back
how it has a replacement chassis under it is beyond me if its a repairable write off usually repairable ones dont have chassis damage to the point where it requires another chassis to be placed under it
then theres the white elephant in the room....if it was a total non repairable write off and is dodgy wl your insurance company pay out if you have an accident and they do a check..because your vin no wont match your chassis no ....insurance companies love to take your money
just dont like to pay any out

Latest posts

Back