Acronyms

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shane_1

NF Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey all, is there a reference table to all these acronyms. Reading many posts I just get lost when it refers to:
ECU
BCS
EGR
SCV
DPF
MAPS
MAF - i know this one ... that thing that gets dirty connected to the air filter.

Hey all, is there a reference table to all these acronyms
ECU
BCS
EGR
SCV
DPF
MAPS
MAF

Hey Mate - Good Question

ECU - electronic control unit
BCS - boost control solenoid
EGR - exhaust gas recirculation
SCV - suction control valve
DPF - diesel particulate filter
MAPS - manifold absolute pressure
MAF - mass air flow sensor

Used to see this one around at one time, had me confused for a while. Synonymous with young fellas, huge lifts, loud exhausts, over sized tyres, dog cages and the appearance of never having been given a wash.

DILLIGAF.

Probably over sold?
Plenty of sales?
Pretty obnoxious service?
Plastic over steel?
Gotta say the last one refers to pretty much all fourbys now.
Seems every one wants to be a Decepticon...
Yeah, anything with a Toyota badge on it is as massively over priced as it is boring to drive lol. Still I think the older SR5 (the automatic version) might be one of the most reliable suburban tradie type utes ever made (which seems to be where they were targeted). Or for an outback tourer where there is no technical type of 4wd-ing involved. They come back to the pack quickly for real 4wd-ing though (the drive trains in general are underdone for that, from what I've seen).

They all pale in comparison to the Landcruiser though, which while reliable might be the most overpriced car of all time? Then of course there is the Prado, which probably takes the prize for costing the most amount of money to get the least amount of capability lol.

Latest posts

Back