ABS light

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grumpy too

Reaction score
Having an issue with the ABS light on my 2009 D22 Have now tested all the pins on the actuator and they seem to be what I would expect from the wiring diagram, the garage doing a roadworthy apparently got rid of the light but it came back on and it doesn't show any faults all sensors including the G sensor seem ok.
I did swap the ECU from the 2008 car I got the motor out of to save programming the injectors but even though they did do an ABS change between late 2008 (JNI) and 2009 (MNT) the wiring to the G sensor on both of these only have 2 wires not 4 as the later models, I can't see any connection to the ECU anyway but there are 3 wires to the data link connector.
If there is air in one of the lines can this bring the light on? will bleed the brakes tomorrow anyway, not really fussed about the ABS not working as prefer it not working.

Have you checked the ABS rings for debris? I had the ABS light appear on my dash, it was debris caused by the wearing of the wheel bearing throwing gunk into the teeth around the ring. The car measures the output of each ABS ring and determines that if one of the wheels is consistently not providing good data there must be a problem and it throws up the ABS light. In the D40, this also inhibits 4WD function but only because our transfer case is controlled electronically - your 4WD is controlled by a lever and should be unaffected.

That could be the problem as the front ones I removed out of a 2008 had gunk around them but thought it was just grease they were terribly tight to get out but might have to try the ones on this one to check, the back ones came out easy and clean as.

if abs light is on but the abs works its only a problem when the abs stops working... .

When ABS is working properly, the driver may feel the brake pedal suddenly drop, followed by a rapid pulsing sensation. There may be a grinding or buzzing noise coming from the vehicle during the period ABS is activated. It may also feel like the brake pedal is pushing back when ABS activates.Jan 31, 2017
not in this case but other issues
Start the car and drive it at a slow speed for a few moments. Lightly tap on the brake pedal. If the ABS light comes on after you tap on the brake pedal, it is an indication of a problem with the vehicle's solenoid. You should also notice pressure on the brake pedal when you lightly tap it to bring the car to a stop.

Latest posts

Back