550 TI Pathfinder

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone used the onboard test/diagnostic facility on Pathfinder?
Accessed by operating different nav switches etc.
Same test mentality for testing PDM (power distribution module)
I am trying to make sense of the "navigation" page, speed error correction
Any experience?

The phrase "here be dragons" applies here.

It is very easy to break the comms link between the devices and even brick the head unit.

I would suggest that unless you have a problem that you leave it well alone.

Thanks Landmannnn

Not sure if your thinking I'm talking non Nissan intrusion.
IPDM test is well known, all doors closed except driver, wipers lifted from windscreen (bonnet closed).
Ignition turned to on, within x seconds, operate drivers door switch ten times.
IPDM goes into test, horn, wipers, lights a/con compressor.
The other test I have uncovered,
With ignition on, radio powered off, hold "settings" switch on nav panel & at the same time rotate radio volume knob up & down until diagnostic page appears.
This then allows access to a lot of internal checks, CAN bus health, a/con cabin checks & more, a lot more.
My question is to the speed correction page which is a sub page of the "Navigation" page.
Any experience?

Tell me about it
My ride is ten years old, not the latest or greatest. Even drivers electric window operation can be juggled between "hold" the window switch for up or down to "auto" up or down by manipulating said switch.
Problem I find with the 550TI Pathfinder is that they were expensive for the market. Lots of ST models, less numbers of TI models with 2.5 ltr / six speed auto, less again TI with V9X 3.0 ltr V6 / 7 speed auto. So not a lot (550TI) out there, hence not a lot of owner info/feedback available.
Nissan will not tell you anything.
My own experience boils down to encountering a problem & then getting into the system to work it out.
Maybe I/we need a dedicated Pathfinder TI550 site!

I was referring to the diagnostics menu on the head unit, and to reiterate, you need to be careful as you could end up with a very expensive repair cost.

The same head unit is/was fitted to a range of Nissan vehicles, most commonly the 370z. My Navara and Infiniti FX both have the same one, although the Infiniti has a few more things like tyre pressure.

I seem to remember reading that the wheel speed correction can adjust the (virtually useless) satellite navigation distance covered for different tyre sizes. You will find out more on the several 370z forums if you have a browse.

Thanks landmannnn

I do have a problem, well the car more than me!
My instaneous fuel usage has gone tu. (not due to diagnostic test).
When I am accelerating, display bar reads very low, when I back of the display reads high. At rest & idling, display reads zero.
Basically opposite to normal.
The wiring/manual that I have does not show or explain the fuel usage indication system.
I would assume it is derived/calculated within the ECU.
Any experience?

Thanks landmannnn

I do have a problem, well the car more than me!
My instaneous fuel usage has gone tu. (not due to diagnostic test).
When I am accelerating, display bar reads very low, when I back of the display reads high. At rest & idling, display reads zero.
Basically opposite to normal.
The wiring/manual that I have does not show or explain the fuel usage indication system.
I would assume it is derived/calculated within the ECU.
Any experience?

Correct that the fuel usage is calculated, most likey from the amount of time the injectors are delivering fuel for

In this part of the world, the instantaneous fuel consumption works just as you describe as we use miles per gallon, Kms per litre would work the same way.

Is there somewhere in the menu to switch from km per litre to litres per 100km?

Latest posts

Back