4wd light flashing after engaging 4hi and 4lo

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luke m

Reaction score
I have a 2010 nissan navara st d40 when i go to put it into either 4hi or 4lo the wheels on my dash will continuously flash. When going into 4lo i can hear the transfer case engaging and can feel the ratio of the gears have changed. It does feel to be locked in as i drive a little but light shows that it's not fully engaged? I don't have any abs light warnings either. Any help would be much appreciated

I have waited for over a few minutes and nothing has changed. Have slowly moved back and forward and still nothing. If it's a switch related issue would there be a certain one to check?

Hi Luke I changed from 4wd hi to 2wd with the front wheels just off full lock from dirt to tar... the flashing 4wd light stayed on... It cleared by doing what you said, straight wheels changing then reverse and forward. if you have the Traction and VSC lights on you can’t engage 4wd either :)

Hi Luke I changed from 4wd hi to 2wd with the front wheels just off full lock from dirt to tar... the flashing 4wd light stayed on... It cleared by doing what you said, straight wheels changing then reverse and forward. if you have the Traction and VSC lights on you can’t engage 4wd either :)
The model I have doesn't have a vsc option or the traction control button. My brother has a 2012 rx thai built in a manual with traction control option and will show the wheels on the dash as a solid light when he engages either 4hi or 4lo. Have followed his steps but still can't get the wheels to stop flashing in my dash. I am just going to assume one of my transfer case switches are buggered so have just ordered a set of 3. I do feel that the 4wd is engaged though especially when in 4lo because all the gearing is different but don't like to drive it while the dash keeps flashing. Hopefully the new switches will fix this problem.

The model I have doesn't have a vsc option or the traction control button. My brother has a 2012 rx thai built in a manual with traction control option and will show the wheels on the dash as a solid light when he engages either 4hi or 4lo. Have followed his steps but still can't get the wheels to stop flashing in my dash. I am just going to assume one of my transfer case switches are buggered so have just ordered a set of 3. I do feel that the 4wd is engaged though especially when in 4lo because all the gearing is different but don't like to drive it while the dash keeps flashing. Hopefully the new switches will fix this problem.
I will test the old switches when i pull them out to see what one was stuffed and post it for others to see. I am guessing the original owner didn't use the 4wd function often if at all and they have just seized up.

It happened to my truck.
The problem was with the front cross am not sure about the name in english but is a 4 head belly

Latest posts

Back