4wd fuse

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haroldd

NF Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi I have problems with the 4wd, the car works great in 2wd, but if I activate the 4wd hi/lo the AWD light comes on and the fuse blows
I have changed the tre switches ont the transfer case without help
Any suggestions how to start?

I wonder if the servo on the back of the transfer case is either damaged or inhibited?

Only way to find out is to remove it. Get someone to help - take the servo off, hold it in your hand and have someone sit inside the car (engine off, but ignition on, gearbox in neutral) and have them turn the selector from 2H to 4H while you are under the car watching the inside of the servo. If it turns and doesn't blow the fuse, then it might be the innards of the transfer case need attention (possibly a mechanic job unless you feel confident in DIY).

If it does blow the fuse still, disconnect the servo's plug and do it again, this is a wiring test to see if the servo wire might have been snagged by a branch or something and the conductors within damaged. If the servo is not connected and the fuse doesn't blow, the servo is faulty. A wrecker probably would be your best source. If it STILL blows, look at the wiring harness and see if it's been damaged.

Now I have changed the assy transfer control unit, the actuator and the tree switches. The fuse are no ok, but the 4WD light are still there. Do I have to reset anything or delete any error codes?

Sorry I missed this thread for a day! You could try a reset, I'm not sure if that'll work. You also need to make sure the ABS sensors are intact (no cut wires, hopefully the ABS light is out). I can't remember if the 4WD light produced an error code, but it might be worth querying the ECU for that which might point to the problem. There are a number of other reasons for the 4WD light coming on (failed ABS sensor is one of them).

An ABS sensor could fail when the bearing fails (happened to me) because debris from the bearing gets into the teeth of the ABS ring. It could also happen if there's been too much grease in the assembly, or if the assembly gets too hot (usually a failing bearing causing that anyway).

Latest posts

Back