4WD error codes

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve23

Reaction score
ive just done the 4WD error code test and came back with

1 flash for 2.5secs followed by 10 flashes 1 sec apart

Anyone translate this for me?..

I can't find any reference to code 1000 in the manual. Google suggests that the diagnostics are incomplete.

Any other information available? Maybe we can start with symptoms and go from there.

4wd indicator light flashes when put into 4H, wont stay lit up then as soon as its put in 4L the 4WD warning light comes on... 4WD works fine and does go back into 2WD witha bit of reversing but warning light will stay on until car is turned off... Pretty sure its the transfer case switches so was trying to narrow it down to the one thats stuffed..!

The hard part is that the transfer case diagnostics aren't all that good. It's just too simple a box, and if they fill it with diagnostics then it'll need more electronics to watch the electronics.

If it's getting into 4WD then the servo is obviously working. If you have to reverse to get it out of 4WD it might be binding, which is usually caused by 4WD being engaged on a surface that's too firm, but the mechanism inside may also be reluctant to move too (doesn't happen often). It shouldn't be an oil problem, they put auto trans fluid into the transfer cases (you might want to check that someone hasn't dropped 85W gearbox oil in there!!).

Other than that, it's the wait and engagement switches. Does the servo turn ok?

i havent had a chance to get under and have a look at the switches yet, hoping too as soon as i find my long reach socket lol..! I dont always have to reverse, some times it will just click in and out of 4WD not a problem...! As for the servo, i have no idea veryt new to owning 4WD's so wouldnt know what i was looking at yet..!
Gonna get switches later this week from nizzbits, for his price ill just change all 3 and hope its the best..!

Is there a way to stop these switches from corroding again in the future?..

They shouldn't corrode in the first place. Extend your breathers up into the top of the engine bay (including diff breathers) to make sure nothing gets in.

Sorry mate I stuffed the code up... The 10 flashes are .5 sec apart not 1 sec like I previously said..! Does that give a code?..

Sorry mate I stuffed the code up... The 10 flashes are .5 sec apart not 1 sec like I previously said..! Does that give a code?..
hey mate, I know this post is old as but I have the exact same issue. Did you end up fixing it? This info is gold to me. Cheers

Latest posts

Back