4.0l surging

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The j man

Reaction score
My 4.0l 2006 navara is surging
It idles at 2500 and surfers up and down goes dow to 1000 when warm, cleaned throttle body mad sensor and checked for vaccine leaks nothing did the reset nothing any help? Thanks

The cold-engine idle is a bit high, I'm not sure how the timing advance is done on those cars (I have a diesel) but I'd be looking at that, or what might affect it. Also be a good idea to start the engine at night with the bonnet up and - without a torch - look over the engine, paying very particular attention to the HT leads. Arcing from the leads will most definitely cause issues with the engine.

Surging on the diesels is often due to a dirty SCV, and is often fixed (or at least reduced in severity) by throwing a bottle of injector cleaner in the tank. We use Liqui Moly Fuel System Treatment which also works in petrol, it's proven to work for me in the past and I'll use it again I'm sure. You may not have the same fuel system (and certainly, your fuel pump won't be producing 24,000psi) but there's a chance that this will help so for a minimal cost you might solve it.

It could be sucking air from somewhere past/after the throttle body. I'm not sure on how the V6 petrol controls idle but there will be some sort of idle compensation mechanism that adjusts idle, or it could be adjusted by the throttle actuator itself, more load, more air. ie headlights on, more air, AC on more air, put it in drive...

Sorry i can't help you more.

My 4.0l 2006 navara is surging
It idles at 2500 and surfers up and down goes dow to 1000 when warm, cleaned throttle body mad sensor and checked for vaccine leaks nothing did the reset nothing any help? Thanks
hi, did you get to the bottom of this? i have the same problem

Back