32's or 33's on a D22????

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

docp1980

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking at getting a set of Maxxis Big Horns for my D22 and am tossing up whether to get 32's or 33's.... I've got a 2 inch suspension lift on the ute at the moment and will fit a 2 inch body lift at the end of the year. Do 33's chew more fuel than 32's? I was thinking 33's would be the better choice off road but how do they handle on road too?

Cheers!

I can only offer an opinion as I have never fitted 33s to a navara but have been thinking about this a lot lately as I am overdue for new tyres also.
I dont really want to compromise in any way so I am going to get some 265 75 16s (32") A/Ts on the stock 7 inch rims for everyday use and light wheeling, 285 75 16s (33") is best fitted to an 8 inch wide rim so when I begin to max out the A/Ts offroad ability I will get some 33'' muddies on some new steel wheels and just swap them over when needed.

I use my D22 for work and really need a comfortable tyre so it doesnt drive me insane during the week, I guess it comes down to how you use your rig and what your needs are

Is your truck petrol or diesel? I'm looking at fitting up 33x12.5x17's i've got the tyres and some rims but they are the wrong offset. So i'll dummy fit them soon, then get rims i'll let you know.

ive got 33x12.5x15 on my d22. 2" susp + 2" body lift. they handle fine on the road, heaps of grip, gotta really put in an effort to do a drift on wet tar, i reckon the car could do an endo it brakes that hard lol!

you will have the trouble of the 33's not fitting if u dont have the lift.
its alot more bouncy with 33's aswell. plenty of grip alright but just gets that boaty feeling at speeds. also u will loose a bit of power and fuel also. by the speedo its about 60km's less a tank on mine. but take in the fact that its reading lower coz of the bigger tires i figure its around 40km's. thats all a guess really from what ive read. dnt go much on the technical side of things. shouldnt b to far off though.

But for what its worth 33's crap all over 32's off road!!!!

Got my 33's on now and loving it! All i've had to do is reset the bars in the front, an trim back the mud flaps a little. And in the rear i put some 38mm lifting block so it sits level when i'm going away. Drives fine only a tad slower from the lights, great in the bush with the massive foot print. As for the floating on the highway i when for 17' rims and it's no different to the stocko's.

Got my 33's on now and loving it! All i've had to do is reset the bars in the front, an trim back the mud flaps a little. And in the rear i put some 38mm lifting block so it sits level when i'm going away. Drives fine only a tad slower from the lights, great in the bush with the massive foot print. As for the floating on the highway i when for 17' rims and it's no different to the stocko's.

Good to hear you've got the 33's on.
Have you got a bodylift?
What offset are your rims?

Hey pointblank5 what offset are your rims because i have asked around at tyre shops and they recon you cant get a 15inch rim on a navara d22?

You can fit 15's... The brakes are sooo big that 15's *just* fit over them...

I have 31/10.5/15's soon to be 33's come July with some nice black steelies...

Josh, Ive got a 2 inch sus and 2 body lift on 16 wheels neg22 33's and it scrubs on the mudguard plastics/wheel arch still, have to cut a bit away. However ive heard if you go less aggressive offset, like -13 or -0, it doesnt scrub much. Have seen people with 2 inch sus lift only with 33's, but apparently you need to chop a fair chunk out of the wheel arch.

What's "fuel rail tuner" mean?

Diesel power chip. The cheaper ones are little more than a resistor that adjusts the return signal from the fuel rail pressure sensor so the ECU thinks the pressure is lower than required and the ECU sends a command to the pump to up it some ... makes the engine run a little harder for less throttle but it's really not a lot different to putting your foot down harder.

The better ones monitor the engine more closely, particularly exhaust gas temp to make sure the engine isn't being overworked and can include boost map changes as well.

Latest posts

Back