3 inch lift front shock length

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wtf so many conflicting storys... maybe there is a difference between year models.
farks me ill just put in cal ucas and hope for the best and report back :/

not sure how you guys are measuring the shock lengths, but as long as your new shocks aren't shorter than the orignal shocks you should have no problem with shock length and calmini uca's.

Now I'm confused as well, there might be a difference between the older navs though? My current shocks as I said are too short for a 2" lift and they are about 30mm longer than the original.
Mate of mine was in the same boat as me, and he got Clamini shocks after we discovered the ome ones are too short, and his rides like it should.

Wtf so many conflicting storys... maybe there is a difference between year models.
farks me ill just put in cal ucas and hope for the best and report back :/

I'm in the same boat. Efs 2" shocks. May he time for some more Rancho or tough dogs.

rusty ask the guys at calmini when you email them next to give you the length of there front shock fully extended.

you my friend are a champion. thanks for the info.
right thats 361.95mm :D
as said my tuff dogs are only 330mm so there is a good chance they wont be long enough.
If we didnt have a tornado go through here id go do saome measuring but I might wait till I knoiw this mini tornado is well away from me lol

yeah rough measurement would be great. so your running the cal ucas on your nav yeah? and thanks for the reply

Hey mate,from the top of the manual hub it is 560mm. Thats with the torsion bars wound up to a 12mm gap to the bumpstops.

what yr D22 is yours? The only reason i can see for so many differences between everyone is that the newer D22s need longer shocks where as the older ones dont, Guess the question is what yr it all changes, i assume this is why some companys advertise 3" shock and others say they dont need them.

Last edited:
Fuel to an old thread,,, I have the 2" snake U.C.A and are having issues with left wheel alignment!

I am thinking of adding 12mm to 25mm ball joint spacers to help with the alignment and was curious about shock length also... I currently have the Tough Dog all round but thought with near 80000ks on them I'll replace them when I do the frond end service for W.A..

I want to do the drag link upgrade so I'm planning a big one, lower control arms etc tie rods, steering box adjustment and flush..

I was thinking of grabbing some 3" shocks to allow for droop! I have the diff dropped and plenty of play so I'm guessing 3" won't do any harm if she's not wound up to full hight.... I have the H.D T.B fitted already.. thoughts?

Latest posts

Back