3" Exhaust

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ticka

Reaction score
G'day lads

Chasing some information before I go ahead and get a 3" exhaust on my D22.
Just wondering what is the best for fuel economy and a beefy sound. I'd appreciate it if you guys let me know how much your system cost fitted / how they sound.

I've been quoted $1600 to get it all done at Muffler kings, but I rang around and looks like there's some big pricing differences.
I only really wanted to spend $1000 tops.

Some people have got theres done for like $800 by getting these mandrel bent ones and installing themselves or gettin someone to install for a few hundred bucks.
( Like this )
https://www.deaperformance.com.au/p...2RtoB0vTZjOuK-0KNvc-4lLNLxPhDMIhoCAj0QAvD_BwE
Honestly, I'm out of my league here, and dont want to get ripped off. What do you guys recommend. Im' chasing a fuel economy boost and a deep throaty sound.
Let me know thanks fellas. Some links or point me in the right direction as to what it sounds like or what the go is would be beaut.

I have one of these Exhausts for Nissan – Quality Made Exhausts Suited for Nissan you can mix and match what you want but would talk or contact them first, only problem I have had is the clearance between the pipe and firewall so just pushed firewall back.
Another one here has one similar or may even be the same but the previous owner pushed the tube in but even then wasn't enough because the rear engine mounts had collapsed and the body to chassis rubbers were wrecked allowing body to move forward so put new rubbers and rear mounts it now has good clearance.
One of my exhausts is straight through and the other has a muffler, past the noisy stage now so prefer the latter but the straight through one does sound ok if you step on the pedal

yeh / definitely worthwhile but the firewall clearance is a big issue / i got mine for about the lower end of the price range and its been good except it rattles on the firewall and at one time broke the dump pipe which becomes a big issue and even though the shit supplier gave me another i had to pay for the labour / still not happy but the engine is happier , cooler , and goes better - i dont care about the sound although its louder - i have a truck that sounds unreal compared so , but in hindsight i may have been better with a 2 3/4 system / its really hard to panel beat the firewall with the engine installed--my d22 has 400,000 klms / i cant remember the suppliers details

I had the bonnet off at the time of fitting the exhaust as reconditioned the head at the same time so pushing the firewall back after checking I wasn't going to damage anything on the other side was easy although a bit agricultural used a full size heavy crowbar and prised it back so there is now almost 25mm.
Noise on the one with a muffler is quite good but the straight through one sounds just noisy.

Maddon if your dump pipe rattles on your firewall especially in hard reverse would definitely check your body mounting rubbers, they are all easy except the ones below the hinges on the front doors which have a mongrel plastic cover that is hard to remove to access the head of the bolt, if you work out an easy way to remove it let me know.
If the rear mounts are good and the body rubbers are ok even with an oversize dump pipe there really should be ample clearance, I just wanted more to stop possible heat transfer which the original exhaust does by having a shield plate and plenty of air space.

I bought a DEA 3 inch pipe with muffler 6 years ago for $600 delivered to my door for my ZD30 . It was easy to fit and is still going strong..

Attachments

• IMGP1645.JPG
    IMGP1645.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 24
I bought a DEA 3 inch pipe with muffler 6 years ago for $600 delivered to my door for my ZD30 . It was easy to fit and is still going strong..

Is your zd30 in a d22?
What year?
No problem with the fire wall?

At least one of the 3" pipes here are DEA and even without pushing the firewall back a little there is clearance without knocking provided the rear engine mounts and body mounts are ok, I just wanted a bit more in case the rear mounts collapsed again, out of 3 vehicles all six were shot.

At least one of the 3" pipes here are DEA and even without pushing the firewall back a little there is clearance without knocking provided the rear engine mounts and body mounts are ok, I just wanted a bit more in case the rear mounts collapsed again, out of 3 vehicles all six were shot.

Hard to replace the engine mounts?

Maddon if your dump pipe rattles on your firewall especially in hard reverse would definitely check your body mounting rubbers, they are all easy except the ones below the hinges on the front doors which have a mongrel plastic cover that is hard to remove to access the head of the bolt, if you work out an easy way to remove it let me know.
If the rear mounts are good and the body rubbers are ok even with an oversize dump pipe there really should be ample clearance, I just wanted more to stop possible heat transfer which the original exhaust does by having a shield plate and plenty of air space.
sounds like a plan ... will do and thanx for the advice

I think easy as long as the rusted studs starting at the back of the turbo on the old exhaust come out painfree, the guys who did mine took 3 hours just on those alone

Latest posts

Back