3 Battery System.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Watchdogg

Reaction score
Far out! I seem to have long stints between forum visits lol, i'm a slackarse! But when I get round to it, I will have to update my photos in my ride section as my Nav has come allllong way since them lol. That's why I thought I would post this topic as i failed to find anything on this, besides somethin about a 3rd battery as a backup maybe? correct me if I'm wrong!

But yeah to get ya's up to speed with limited detail lol, as I'm no guru on this but I intend to provide a better explanation when I know it myself lol!

I now have not a Dual battery system, but yes a 3 battery system! wellll kinda :D

Brief explanation is as follows. My 3.0 D22 Now has an ARB Canopy and 1 outback draw. Plus have always had for ages my dual battery system which simple as it is, decided it need to be updated. It was basically just a solenoid. thats all, and the Alternator charged both batteries at once. works but i was over it. Anyway continuing on!

I now Have. My Normal cold start battery where it is standard. The other Smaller battery in that top right corner of the engine bay. and a Whopping big F Off Battery inside the brand new ARKPAK Power Box that i've manged to fit into that little compartment between the draw/fridgeslide and tub.

All 3 Batteries are protected by fuses from each other. The Alternator only charges my main battery and no longer charges 2, which is great as I have burnt out an alternator before even those this is a bigger alternator from standard, its madness to think it can charge 3 batteries, so its job is simple and it just charges the main battery. I Have a RedArc DC to DC Charger that charges the 2nd battery in the engine bay, and also Charges The ARKPAK, fairly sure it pumps out 40 Amps.

The conclusion is I have ArkPak keeping the Waeco 80 Fridge running permanently but Connected in series with my other deep cycle battery in the engine bay. Double the battery, longer I can stay somewhere without starting the car. Not 100 percent sure how the redarc charger works tho, weather its powered off the battery its topping up or its powered off the main. either way, the mains battery is completly isolated from these 2 batteries. Also with arkpak you can monitor how much battery life is remaining between the two batteries just by pressin one button. and you can set alarms n shit i think too if you don't think too remember to keep an eye on it. Plus one knob and you can isolate the ark pak from the other battery anyway. Winch is powered off the second battery.

one thing to note. those ciggy lighter sockets are a pain in the ass on thr pack if u intend to use them, only because of where i have it. the fridge blocks em. But it didn't phase me anyway because if i really needed them i could rearrange it to suit, and the fridge runs of its own waeco isolator thing which has a second ciggy lighter socket anyway

did i say brief? well it was mean't to be lol. I've tried to explain it as best I can, as what my Auto elec told me, hopefully i haven't said anything wrong lol throw ya's off course that would be devooed.

Overall I'm 100 Percent STOKED. Love it. Its bloody AWESOME :D any questions feel free to ask and I'll get back asap. has anyone done something like this or similar? id love to know aswell actually.

Watchdogg-out.

your redarc charges from the cranking battery when it senses over a certain voltage(when alt is charging cranker)
when voltage of the cranker drops below a set level(alt not charging/ign off)the redarc stops charging
if its a 1220 its 20 amp
if its a 1240 its 40 amp
i have same 3 batt setup
works great
cheers

Latest posts

Back