3.0 litre EGR/Butterfly/Swirl Mod

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
most likely is leak on the blanking plate.
also possible got vac tube mixed up and its holding egr butterfly on all the time.

there has been a couple over the years that lost performance or fuel economy, tho never found what the cause was.

Okay so I put the vacum hoses back to they're normal positions and took the blanking plate out, cleaned it and put it back with plenty of gasket goo on both sides. Left it for 24 hours and now drives much better.

I'm just running with the egr solenoid unplugged at the moment and drives great. Does shack when I turn it off now but I'm guessing that's cause I haven't disconnected the swirl solenoid?

So to anyone else who is going to do this mod, just make sure you get a good seel on the blanking plate

I'm just running with the egr solenoid unplugged at the moment and drives great. Does shack when I turn it off now but I'm guessing that's cause I haven't disconnected the swirl solenoid?
no, its because the egr solenoid also does part of the shutdown butterfly.
without it working the shutdown butterfly won't work.
thats why we swap the hoses around so the egr butterfly won't work but the shutdown one will.

so just redo the butterfly mod and it will be fine.

Got my egr blanking plate on the way to do this mod hopefully this weekend. Also what other mods would you suggest tweake. I'm thinking 3 inch exhaust and snorkel. Already have a lift installed. Cheers

air filter mods.
improving the airflow into the turbo is recommended.
one of the downsides to blocking egr is that the engine now consumes more air and is more reliant on air supply and turbo performance.

intercooler is also highly recommended.

Ok cool cheers. I have been looking at doing the intercooler.
How would you go about improving the airflow to the turbo?
Cheers

Yeah planning on doing the snorkel. Just looking at what snorkel to get. Any suggestions?
As for the air box is there an aftermarket air box that is bigger or would it have to be a custom job?

I saw another thread yesterday about someone putting a LC airbox
http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=1942

As for snorkel, I personally bought a cheap ebay one from a local seller. Just put it on last Saturday. Works well. Quality seems solid. However can't talk long term as I had it under a week.. but everything fit well.. template was a bit off and practically no instructions.. but it's an easy thing to figure out what goes where.. but hard job to get the sucker in there!

EDIT: Remember that then the navara snorkel won't fit the airbox... so you might need some custom piping

Last edited:
Yeah right cheers for that info mate. Might stick with stick air box for now with a snorkel. The eBay special is looking the go at the moment. When you say it was hard to get in there what do you mean. Like fitting all the pieces together through the quarter panel.

Yes. It's quite a big job if you want to do properly. Especially the "flexible" pipe that connects the snorkel to the bit that connects to the airbox. I have seen different setups, some of them are easier than others to install.. mine was a pain, but happy with the results.

Just finished doing the blanking plate and butterfly swirl mod. Took for a quick spin around the block to make sure it was all good. Will give it a good run tonight on the way out to dinner

Hey guys Im new here but I read all the post and I allready made the plate mod a year ago and now I want to made de vac mod but my ZD30 only have to selenoids the green and the red one, can you help me please?

Felipe

Hey guys Im new here but I read all the post and I allready made the plate mod a year ago and now I want to made de vac mod but my ZD30 only have to selenoids the green and the red one, can you help me please?

Felipe
most likely yours does not have the egr butterfly. hence why its missing the solenoid.
some markets have lower emission rules so the egr setup is a little different.

btw your name doesn't help things. your profile pic is a navara/frontier. terrano came out with a different version of the zd30, its more closely related to the patrol than the navara.

most likely yours does not have the egr butterfly. hence why its missing the solenoid.
some markets have lower emission rules so the egr setup is a little different.

btw your name doesn't help things. your profile pic is a navara/frontier. terrano came out with a different version of the zd30, its more closely related to the patrol than the navara.

Thamk for the response Tweak'e! Well this truck is a Japan made for South Amerca market and taken out of market on 2007 here (also TD27 and 3.2 engines) by problems with emission relugations, Yes it have the egr butterfly but not the black selenoid and also is missing the vac line that goes up in to the shotdown actuator. Sorry but I dont know how to post a pic here! about the name yeah Im sorry and thats the name Nissan give it to Chile market still to 2012 YD25DDTI model, last Nvara/Frontier model you know.

Shoul I just unplug the red swirl selenoid conector?

Thak in advance

Felipe.

Thamk for the response Tweak'e! Well this truck is a Japan made for South Amerca market and taken out of market on 2007 here (also TD27 and 3.2 engines) by problems with emission relugations, Yes it have the egr butterfly but not the black selenoid and also is missing the vac line that goes up in to the shotdown actuator. Sorry but I dont know how to post a pic here! about the name yeah Im sorry and thats the name Nissan give it to Chile market still to 2012 YD25DDTI model, last Nvara/Frontier model you know.

Shoul I just unplug the red swirl selenoid conector?

Thak in advance

Felipe.

they stopped all manufacture of the ZD30 navara in 2007 and shifted the plant, then started manufacturing back up in 2008 with the YD25.
nothing to do with your emission regulations.

the egr butterfly is the same thing as the shutdown butterfly, what you call it depends on how its used.
yours is not the first South American one i've run into. you guys have lower emission standards hence they don't use the butterfly to draw in more EGR. hence no solenoid.

if you have blocked the EGR then you can safely disconnect the swirl solenoid.

they stopped all manufacture of the ZD30 navara in 2007 and shifted the plant, then started manufacturing back up in 2008 with the YD25.
nothing to do with your emission regulations.

the egr butterfly is the same thing as the shutdown butterfly, what you call it depends on how its used.
yours is not the first South American one i've run into. you guys have lower emission standards hence they don't use the butterfly to draw in more EGR. hence no solenoid.

if you have blocked the EGR then you can safely disconnect the swirl solenoid.

Yeah I know about the factory and YD25DDTI we have it here since 2005 as well to 2011 wen they stop bring the japan made and start on 2012 with the YD25DDTI made in Mexico then comes the Navara (D40) to 2015 and now the NP300 is the only pick up truck model that Nissan bring to Chile market now.

I just to work fork for Nissan official dealer here in north Chile sell trucks and spar parts for mining companies some years ago.

I made a lill albun and put a pic of the vac sistem if you can take a look?

Thanks man

Felipe.

Latest posts

Back