2inch body lift

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B Smitty

Reaction score
Hey I've recently gotten a 2010 d40 dual cab and I've put in 2inch suspension lift kit and want to do the body lift cause i scored a 2inch body lift kit, but not sure what else I'd need to change while doing it... any insight would be awesome, cause I know I'd have to change some fuel lines and the fuel fuller pipe but what about steering and gearbox or anything else im completely over looking? Or am I just better off doing a 4inch suspension lift and do the diff drop and brake lines etc??

Im gonna probably sound like an idiot but How did your body lift affect stuff like your steering and gearbox? Im assuming as the body lifts, stuff like the gear stick stay put yeah? Or is all that stuff gonna be fine?

2010 ST D40 Thai built dual cab with tub

Alright, ive got a Spanish built d40 - surely not alot of differences tho, right?
guess ill start at the beginning - I've got a 50mm body lift. it's a 16 block kit instead of the (in my opinion) cheaper 12 block kit..
There should be 12 blocks with longer bolts - one block with a bigger hole that im sure lands on the tub, fuel filler side.
Theres 4 blocks either side of the cab and 4 blocks - one each corner of the tub. the extra 4 blocks (without bolts) pack up the middle of the tub.

If you have any style bullbar or rear bar, tow bar or even chassis mounted steps/sliders, then the mounts will need to be cut and redone to suit the body lift - ive had all of them cut and rewelded to suit besides my towbar

i have a manual - the gear shifter has dropped 50mm which i didn't really mind but downside was in 2nd, 4th & 6th gear the stick would JUST tap the plastic surround.. couldnt handle it but was a very easy fix.. Have a mate with an auto who did the body lift - shifter didn't move any, not sure weather the linkages will hold up or there will be any issue - not sure what you have

nothing changed with the steering - everything was long enough for the extension

i did suspension and bodylift at the same time - brake lines were left with next to no play on full droop and i wasn't happy leaving them unclipped so i chose to replace them with 150mm longer lines - didn't worry about braided lines but another option

abs lines all round were fine
i had no issues with fuel lines or fuel filler either

the lower fan surround needed to be removed and left off
the inner guard wheel liners dont sit over the chassis and stop the spray into the engine bay from the wheels..
neither bothered me but worth the mention

the piping into and out of the intercooler needed to be shortened as after they had a kink in them - super simple fix - just undone them and with a new Stanley blade, sliced 30odd mm off

i think for now that's about it..

Latest posts

Back