265/70/R17 On standard D40?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dpalcat

Reaction score
Hey guys. need some advice as the guys here in Darwin have NO idea.

Looking to get new tyres but not sure how big i can get without any probs.

will these fit - BFG AT 265/70/R17 On my standard D40 or is slighty bigger possible?

will be getting a 2" lift kit soon, either Tough Dog or OME if this helps but most likely will have the tyres on first.

Thanks

255/70R17 is the size the factory uses for a 17" rim. You can legally go to 265/70R17 as this increase is 1mm under the legal limit of 15mm.

I'd throw a 2" lift in to make sure they fit.

Am currently running 265/70/R17 BFG AT's on aftermarket wheels and have no issues at all. They are in fact smaller in height than a 265/75/R16.New wheels are even less offset than stock and no rubbing anywhere

one last thing, were is a good place i could order my tyres from? and what would i be looking at?

In darwin here were limited to bob jane and a couple small places..also bob jane say they dont stock the 265/70R17 at all in Aus?

thanks

That would be because they would stock 265/75/R16 which as still legal and will fit no dramas.
If you have drama trying to get things in Darwin you could get prices from TireRackin the US. With our dollar being strong the prices are very tempting.

thanks Aussie Frontier, had a look at theyre site and prices - very tempting alright. emailed them and got a response. they dont accept cc payments on wire transfer...should be pretty safe? legit site by the looks of it?

well a few of the guys at work have used them previously
others to look at are Discount Tires US and 1010Tires
Discount Tires US is a sponsor on ClubFrontier so they do help out their members .

Another way that is cheaper but takes longer is have the gear shipped ( for free by some places) to Cheetah Imports in Indy and they will load it in a container bound for Melbourne. Wheels and tyres usually run you $50 each in shipping

255/70R17 is the size the factory uses for a 17" rim. You can legally go to 265/70R17 as this increase is 1mm under the legal limit of 15mm.

I'd throw a 2" lift in to make sure they fit.

Wheels
Front - diameter( mm) 255/65 R17

Rim Material Alloy

Front Rim Description 17x7.0

Correction, re standard tyre size... taken from Carpoint site.
cheers
Arty

Am currently running 265/70/R17 BFG AT's on aftermarket wheels and have no issues at all. They are in fact smaller in height than a 265/75/R16.New wheels are even less offset than stock and no rubbing anywhere

Would 265/75/17 fit??? looking at a set of these for my next shoes.......Ute has just had full EFS sytem in place, hopeing to get a taller tyre on it.

I priced a set of BFG muddies yesterday $340 for 285/75/16 and $420 for 275/70/17. At such a large price variance between 16 & 17, In the long run I think you would be better off with down sizing to the 16's.

well got my BFG all terrains in...beautiful. :) the 265/70R17 fit just perfect. doubt it would fit without the 2" lift kit though. thanks guys for the help and advice. will post some pics soon.

well got my BFG all terrains in...beautiful. :) the 265/70R17 fit just perfect. doubt it would fit without the 2" lift kit though. thanks guys for the help and advice. will post some pics soon.

What sort of $$ did you pay for those? And do they look noticably taller than the standards? Im basically after more ground clearance, have a EFS kit installed and any extra height would be great.....:dancing:.....just waiting for my originals to wear out now and decide on the new shoes for her

heya miner-matt. sorry for the late reply, been busy. bought my tyres from tempe tyres. $290 each..apparently on special from $320. this was a month ago though. buying them here in darwin i was looking at 8-12 weeks wait and $390 per tyre. tempe tyres had them on hand and to my door in 5 working days. so pleased there.

when i went to fit them the guys were not going to fit them as they said its a considerably big difference in size from my standard tyres...and its true, you can def see a big diff.

heya miner-matt. sorry for the late reply, been busy. bought my tyres from tempe tyres. $290 each..apparently on special from $320. this was a month ago though. buying them here in darwin i was looking at 8-12 weeks wait and $390 per tyre. tempe tyres had them on hand and to my door in 5 working days. so pleased there.

when i went to fit them the guys were not going to fit them as they said its a considerably big difference in size from my standard tyres...and its true, you can def see a big diff.

cheers for that:cheers!: looks like they will be the ones to get......

265/70R17 on D40
Anyone here fitted these without a lift. I am looking at the Cooper ST Maxx and 265/70 is the only 17" available. I have checked with WA Transport dept and I can go 50MM increase in diameter on my stock 17" alloy rims if I don't have a lift kit. Looking to hear from anyone who is running this size on their stock D40 and if you have any problems. Will be used mainly for beach and occasional bush track. No intending to be rock hopping. Appreciate your comments.

I ran 265 70 17 for about 3 months with out a lift with no problems at all. I did do some mild off roading and didn't notice any problems.
hope this helps
Jace

can someone tell me if 285 or 33's will fit with a 2'' lift ???

im searching this forum but i found mixed info.

also is there any point of the 33's or should i get a 2'' lift with 31.6 inch/ 265 .

i would like the 33's but will it be bad off road with only the 2'' lift any info would be good cheers .

Does your car have a lift in the front? Sorry didn't realise other comment posted 😂

Latest posts

Back