2018 Nissan Navara D23 D/C 4X4 manual

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lugyman101

Reaction score
Good day everyone.

My 3rd NAVARA NOT making the 200 000km mark.... I would like to think its me but I doubt and need some help.

I had an injector problem a while back and it seemed to sorted it self out with no issues not even fuel consumption changes.

Now I have acceleration flat spots where I would travel and attempt to overtake but have to wait for the power to kick in as the engine gets a bit noisier but maintain speed for about 10 second then it will let loose a shit ton of power at once.

I have removed the CAT and DPF as well as replaced the EGR.

I need help in making the most effective process of elimination in testing to what can be the problem. Also, what can I do to give you more information.

Sounds like the turbo isn't spooling up well.

Being a 2018 model it won't (shouldn't!) be vacuum-controlled like mine, they changed to an electronic actuator in 2014 or thereabouts. The electronic actuators appear to have been reliable (which could be read as "nobody's bothered reporting anything because they're so annoyed!" ).

Boost levels would need to be monitored to see what's going on with the turbo. This is easy to do, you can do it yourself with a bluetooth OBD2 ELM327 adapter and an Android phone running the Torque app.

It's unlikely (although possible) that it's your intercooler gummed up with oil from blow-by, but it would be worthwhile removing the intercooler and flushing it with petrol (it's a great solvent).

Latest posts

Back