2014 d40 cruise control

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brodloc

NF Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I am aware of the various cruise control fixes onthis site re D40s. I have a question regarding this subject but first what I have done
a) Replaced clock spring withe the correct part. All functions except cruise are working. The lights on all steering wheel switches are now illuminated.
b)I have checked the wiring from the cruise plug in, to the cruise controls circuit board on the steering wheel and there is no break.
The two areas left are the circuit board and the wiring from the plug in to wherever it goes. The brake switch is fine.

Does the cruise light activate but then you're unable to set the speed? Have you checked the neutral position switch? If you unplug it and the set function starts working it means the NPS switch contacts aren't working.

No activation of cruise light. The NPS is this the increase decrease switch. There is no cruise lights on the dash at all. The only lights are on the cruise buttons on the steering wheel when the driving lights are activated. Is it possible the circuit board is nutted.

I have an 07 D40 Yd25, Cruise control wiring goes to the ECM in the engine bay. Bit hard to test without the correct wiring info as you need to test voltage at ECM side when pressing buttons. It's all controlled by the ECM though so if your neutral position sensor, brake pedal sensor, cruise control pedal sensor and clutch pedal sensor (if manual) are all fine then the ECM is where you'd be testing. Most of the time it's one of the sensors though especially if when you press cruise control on and it lights up on the dash but just won't engage when setting while driving. Also make sure there are no DTC codes in the system.

My guide shows how to install and troubleshoot but it is for an 07 D40.

I have an 07 D40 Yd25, Cruise control wiring goes to the ECM in the engine bay. Bit hard to test without the correct wiring info as you need to test voltage at ECM side when pressing buttons. It's all controlled by the ECM though so if your neutral position sensor, brake pedal sensor, cruise control pedal sensor and clutch pedal sensor (if manual) are all fine then the ECM is where you'd be testing. Most of the time it's one of the sensors though especially if when you press cruise control on and it lights up on the dash but just won't engage when setting while driving. Also make sure there are no DTC codes in the system.

My guide shows how to install and troubleshoot but it is for an 07 D40.
Hi Spiro. So for the delay. Can't find your guide

Latest posts

Back