2012 trip meter and economy resets

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

norton79

Reaction score
Hi. I've had my ute for about 5 years and in the last 12 months I've noticed every now and then that all the meters will reset for some reason. I first noticed this after fitting a fridge and second battery. I didn't have solar at that time and a old fridge that sucked power so I would put a charger on the main battery when home. Now I have solar I find it still happens from time to time. Has anyone else had this happen?

I assume you're talking about the A and B trip meters resetting ... this usually happens when the instrument cluster loses power completely. This could be either a battery that's losing volts as you're starting (has enough amps to crank, not enough volts to keep the instrument cluster going) or it's an intermittent earth in the dash. The D40s have a history of poor earthing of the instrument cluster and stereo (they share an earth) with the result that earth will be sourced either through the radio antenna or one of the other circuits like indicators, headlights etc.

The two things I'd do (in order):

1) Add an earth from the car stereo to one of the main bolts under the dash.

2) Replace the battery.

Latest posts

Back