2012 Navara Outlaw tomorrow!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi folks. Tomorrow morning I collect a new (to me) Outlaw. It is replacing a 2005 Toyota Landcruiser (LC120) which has bee a great motor but was getting a bit small for me and my 3 Labradors. So I am back to Navaras. Had a D40 a few years back but can't remember what replaced it or why! Anyway, I found the Outlaw much smoother and quieter than the Landcruiser so fingers crossed it proves as reliable - if not, I'll be back for help!
Cheers
Courtney

Hello and welcome to the forum

congratulations on the new purchase - be a whole lot quieter and less farm truck than the 'cruiser but that's also what some people enjoy about them
when you take delivery of the new ride, post a picture and show it off.

Here's the pictures !
IMG_1456 (002)_edited.jpg
IMG_1453 (002)_edited.jpg
IMG_1454 (002)_edited.jpg
IMG_1456 (002)_edited.jpgIMG_1453 (002)_edited.jpgIMG_1454 (002)_edited.jpg

GREAT COLOUR CHOICE - LOOKS TIDY

Lots of shiny bits on it:unsure: not my cuppa tea - maybe that's what caught your eye

i really like the idea of the windscreen visor and it's not something I've ever seen before.

On the canopy, are the side windows fixed? Or Liftup? looks very streamlined with no visible handle

keep up the maintaince and the v6 should treat you well with lots of extra power to play

Where are you located? Doesn’t look like a common style treatment here in Aus. Also appears to have headlight washers on regular headlight, not the projector type and an extra badge on the front doors.

GREAT COLOUR CHOICE - LOOKS TIDY

Lots of shiny bits on it:unsure: not my cuppa tea - maybe that's what caught your eye

>Nor mine! I bought it because it was relatively low mileage, FSH and absolutely clean MOTs and fairly priced.

i really like the idea of the windscreen visor and it's not something I've ever seen before.

>Nor me! Previous owner lived in Spain for a while but I'm not sure we get enough sun here in England to really need it - there's also quite a lot of wind noise at speed so I might try removing it. Also thinking about removing the roof rack as I will not be using it.

On the canopy, are the side windows fixed? Or Liftup? looks very streamlined with no visible handle

> No, they just slide open - clips are on the inside.

keep up the maintenance and the v6 should treat you well with lots of extra power to play

Cheers!:)

Where are you located? Doesn’t look like a common style treatment here in Aus. Also appears to have headlight washers on regular headlight, not the projector type and an extra badge on the front doors.

I'm in England but the truck spent a year or two in Spain - the additional trim around the door handles reads 'Frontera' which I believe was the Spanish name for the model? No idea about the headlight washers, sorry - could it have had a front bumper transplant? I think the wheels were an option but may also be taken from a later model?
Cheers! :)

The headlight washers and the V6 badge on the front doors are standard UK spec.

The screen canopy and the shiny bits are eBay add ons, mostly from Thailand where they love those things. Fortunately it doesn't have those nasty bits of grey perspex around the windows.

Standard alloys start to corrode after 6 years, so the D23 alloys work fine, they probably have wheel spacers fitted.

The headlight washers and the V6 badge on the front doors are standard UK spec.

The screen canopy and the shiny bits are eBay add ons, mostly from Thailand where they love those things. Fortunately it doesn't have those nasty bits of grey perspex around the windows.

Standard alloys start to corrode after 6 years, so the D23 alloys work fine, they probably have wheel spacers fitted.

Thanks for that.

A couple of points though: does the use of headlight washers mean that it has projector type headlights?

And are the alloys really off a D23? - I thought this model was a D40 and the subsequent was NP300 - and according to GunMetalGrey's reply the alloys match those on the Aussie NP300 STX 550 --- so I'm a bit confused!:unsure:

I started researching the model history of the Navara and found that, in the UK (?only) we had the D22 (sic) up to 2008, the D40 from 2009 to 2015 (or so) then the NP300. BUT elsewhere they seem to have used D23/D40/NP300 rather indiscriminately ( no doubt there was some sense to it but I was losing the will to live trying to understand it!!!:eek:)

Anyway, my vehicle is a UK D40 with the V9X engine and some (temporary) foreign bling! :cool:

has an old front on it, the stx and 550’s V6 have a longer headlight, so the two side vents on the front grill are equal is size top and bottom, I seen some late model ST with the same front.
C.F dose it have a sunroof ?

Thanks for that.

A couple of points though: does the use of headlight washers mean that it has projector type headlights?

And are the alloys really off a D23? - I thought this model was a D40 and the subsequent was NP300 - and according to GunMetalGrey's reply the alloys match those on the Aussie NP300 STX 550 --- so I'm a bit confused!:unsure:
they wouldn't be np300 wheels, as they share the thai model's +45 offset. Spanish d40's(v6 included) have a +30 offset. Unless, it is running spacers, which i have seen!

has an old front on it, the stx and 550’s V6 have a longer headlight, so the two side vents on the front grill are equal is size top and bottom, I seen some late model ST with the same front.
C.F dose it have a sunroof ?
Yes it does have a sunroof. And the front bumper is stock, this model came with headlight washers.

Latest posts

Back