2012 d40 spanish aircon problems

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JacaD40

Reaction score
Hi guys, new here.
Recently started having problems with my 2012 d40 nissan navara aircon.
The aircon is blowing full speed but it's only blowing outside air. I have lost all power to the actual aircon controls and aircon display.
I've tried looking at fuses and relays but everything is completely normal.

Anyone have any ideas on what I can do?
I've been told to replace the aircon module behind the plastic but can not find a replacement and no one is really interested in looking at it.
Cheers.

If you have a leak and the system has no or low gas in it, the compressor won't kick in and won't work.

Take it to someone that does AC (most auto-elecs) or get someone mobile. You'll find it's got a leak somewhere and it needs a fill-up / repair.

Edit: sorry, didn't see the part of no controls.

It sounds like the module / dash that's the issue. When I had the AC plugs unplugged from the dash controls by default the car starts blowing full fan speed and outside air.. sounds like yours is doing the same.

Maybe hunt down a panel from the wreckers and replace it.

Could it be the fan speed resistor that’s under the glovebox in the airflow? That fails reasonly regularly.

Think the normal failure mode is that is stops slowest fan speeds first, then eventually all of them. It’s designed to stop the AC from icing up so may have failed.

Last edited:
I'd think it was an earthing problem too. Haven't seen it affect the aircon controls, but there's always a first time. Has the stereo been worked on or replaced recently? If so, try adding a black wire from the frame of the stereo to any of the dash mounting bolts underneath the dash.

Latest posts

Back