2011 Navara brake bleed ABS & diesel engine cuts out until warm

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fearless fred

Reaction score
Diesel Navara 2011 ABS has little braking & engine cuts out until warm. (Mine's an 88 2.4 Hilux). I bled front axle & little brake fluid exudes then nil. Check Net. LSV!! Bleed LSV. Nil from front brakes. Realise nxt day, 21/6/20, ABS needs bleed. Am reading on Net. I'm helping because of poverty & nana housing baby. Would a vacuum bleed work with ABS brakes? D22. D44. Differences? I don't know. faithfully Fred.

Not sure what model you're working on, but the cutting out until warm is likely to be the suction control valve on the high pressure pump.

As for the brakes, I've done the fluid on my d22 a few times and never had any drama bleeding it the same way you would with a non abs vehicle. Never bled the lsv or the abs module separately and never had any trouble getting fluid to the wheels.

I should also add, I've only ever used one of those one man bleeding kits, with the small bottle that has a hose from the bleed nipple to bleed and never had any trouble with it.

Last edited:
Not sure what model you're working on, but the cutting out until warm is likely to be the suction control valve on the high pressure pump.

As for the brakes, I've done the fluid on my d22 a few times and never had any drama bleeding it the same way you would with a non abs vehicle. Never bled the lsv or the abs module separately and never had any trouble getting fluid to the wheels.

I should also add, I've only ever used one of those one man bleeding kits, with the small bottle that has a hose from the bleed nipple to bleed and never had any trouble with it.
Thanks for your reply "bods" to "The ends of the Earth" (a scriptural ref to place furthest from Israel which is New Zealand). Our town Taumarunui is one that remained Covid 19 free which is NZs current state with all returning Kiwis being isolated 2 wks in hotels. NZ is in sorrow for needless suffering & evil in the shooting of Policeman Matthew Hunt by a fool on drugs when pulled over for a routine traffic check.

I've found a good fitting clear PVC tube, vertical at times, OK for for pedal pressure bleeding brakes. I was interested seeing an Irishman use a spray bottle pump for vacuum bleeding brakes with minor extraneous air seeping thru thread on nipple hence my thought of a wrap of thread seal tape to prevent/minimise that air leaking into clear pipe. I screwed a clear plastic lidded container to wood to stabilise waste fluid container & short piece pipe. Never re-use fluid as it is Hydroscopic, meaning it absorbs moisture. Boiling old brake fluid to remove water discolours the vegetable fluid & I wouldn't reuse.
Friends have not arrived from 25km out & travel slow with brakes delayed by two pumps of pedal & a good handbrake. So much for technology, like planes crashing due to computers, tourism being our financial salvation (instead of farming) & people not washing hands. yours faithfully, Fred

Latest posts

Back