2009 Nissan Navara making noise when turned off

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaime04

Reaction score
Just bought the car within a month and just started recently when I turn the car off after driving it makes a weird noise
Should I be concerned

Attachments

• 66875638549__C5CB44C0-8797-47F2-87BB-CDFFB51CA230.MOV
    1.1 MB
Last edited:
Does it have a thermal fan that continues to run a bit afterwards? It sounds like something still running, it doesn't sound like coolant bubbling away inside a blocked radiator.

That's freaky.
I'd check everything on the serp. belt.
Maybe the viscous clutch on the fan is buggered & it's spinning on inertia?

Might be a idle control valve or the EGR gone spastic. It sort of sounded like a crook solenoid or stepper motor...?
Does the ECU close the intake butterfly at shut down? If so, that control valve might be rooted?

Can you hear that racket when it's running?

I noticed that the radiator fan was stopped when the view of the engine bay grew closer, so it's probably not the viscous hub (or the engine, or the fuel pump). It does sound very mechanical though.

Does the EGR valve make that much racket if it's opening or closing?

That's freaky.
I'd check everything on the serp. belt.
Maybe the viscous clutch on the fan is buggered & it's spinning on inertia?

Might be a idle control valve or the EGR gone spastic. It sort of sounded like a crook solenoid or stepper motor...?
Does the ECU close the intake butterfly at shut down? If so, that control valve might be rooted?

Can you hear that racket when it's running?
It could make the sound when car is running I hear similar noise when it’s idling at the lights but the car is loud so I don’t notice it as much I have got a check engine light for egr problems tho p0403 that could have something to do with it

i would check the aircon fan in front of the radiator and also the alternator. a lot of these engines run one way clutch's on the alternator and it could well be spinning after shut down.

i would check the aircon fan in front of the radiator and also the alternator. a lot of these engines run one way clutch's on the alternator and it could well be spinning after shut down.
I’ll go check it now thanks

Latest posts

Back