2009 d22 yd25 turbo issues

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jake. t

Reaction score
hi guys, I've got a 2009 d22 yd25 navara and I'm having issues with my turbo. it cuts out when it gets 4500 its like it over spools. as soon as i turn the vehicle and accessories off it resets and boost again. there is also oil residue leaking slowly from intercooler witch makes me think its got a leak there for the turbo working harder and over spooling I've got a few other ideas to what could be wrong but cant be to sure. has any one had this issue before?

not specific to the Navara, but with my Mini Cooper S (and many other Cooper S from the forums) a bit of oil gets recirculated back into the intake prior to the turbo and intercooler. Over time this can cause problems with the turbo, and can foul the intake valves. It has direct fuel injection into the cylinders, so there is no fuel passing over the intake valves to help clean them. It also can leave a build up of oil in the intercooler. On the Mini the intercooler is mounted low, at the front of the car. When I took the intercooler off to put on a new one, I could pour a little oil out (car was 13 years old at this point). At the same time I changed the intercooler, I also installed an oil catch can. No similar problems since. Different car, but sounds like a similar type of problem. What I experienced and installed is very well known in the Mini community.

hi guys, I've got a 2009 d22 yd25 navara and I'm having issues with my turbo. it cuts out when it gets 4500
i suspect thats by design when people over rev the engine. i would have to go check what the rpm cutoff is.

intercoolers are prone to leaks, highly recommended to get a replacement as the air (ie how much fuel to inject) is measured before the turbo not after the intercooler. so if the IC leaks air you have less air in than what its injecting fuel for, not good.

Latest posts

Back