2008 D40 will hardly move forward in drive.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liam_

Reaction score
Any legends out there had this problem? My d40 auto 2008 tends to reverse & things fine however in any drive function it revs normal but seems to be stuck in a limp mode. I’ve cleaned the maf sensor and things however still no luck.

Since it's an auto it shouldn't be the NPS, the gearbox senses neutral differently. Here's something to try: handbrake on, engine off, ignition on, put the car in Drive, then try starting it. If it starts, the gearbox isn't detecting neutral properly. Put it in neutral - if it starts ONLY in neutral (or park) then it's sensing neutral properly.

I don't know if EGR is completely inactive in reverse (that would make sense, since reverse is almost exclusively for low-speed operation). An abundance of EGR will cramp the engine's power, if the EGR valve is opening more than it should. Find out by copying the gasket on the intake side of the gold EGR pipe but don't make the large hole (you're making a blanking plate). 1mm stainless, 2mm mild steel, 3mm aluminium should do fine. If blocking the EGR works then the valve is malfunctioning - replace it if you wish, but the engine won't need it for normal operation.

Latest posts

Back