2008 D22 engine swap

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danz88

Reaction score
Hi all i have a 2008 D22 nissan navara that has a blown engine a crack in the head cylinders the motor is a D40 yd25ddti commonrail,I was told that it's not worth fixing as of cost in the long run.I was recommended to seek a second hand motor. I have sorted an engine but was wanting tips or insights if it can be swapped, any help out there please will be much appreciated.

I have sorted a 2003 D22 nissan navara.
The motor is a ZD30DDT 3.0 with all running gear, can I put the ZD30DDT motor straight into my 2008 D22 nissan navara with out complications or hassles.

Please comment below and let me know your thoughts.

Cheers

its not straight forward.
the zd30 runs a completely different ecu so your looking at swapping out wiring looms, ecu, possibly the gauges as well. as well as bellhousing and clutch.
the best bet is to find a replacement yd25. its probably easier to upgrade the D22 yd25 to a D40 yd25 if you source the ecu etc. i havn't looked at the ecu's but i suspect they will be very similar.

Do ZD30's meet the same emissions controls as YD25's?
controls? or do you mean standards?
i'm not sure if they are both the same standard, would have to check when the emissions standards changed.

isn't that why the zd30 was discontinued in the patrol, didn't meet emissions standard?
patrol zd30 went to common rail zd30 but thats well before zd30 was finished in the navaras.
having a "grenade" engine was probably hurting their sales.

edit: euro 4 emissions standard came in 2007 which is when navara zd30 ended. could well be that zd30 is euro3 and the 2008 yd25 is euro4.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back