2007 Spain built going into limp mode

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stusta6961

Reaction score
Hi all new member here
So I recently purchased a 2007 Navara Spain built D40 and after about a week of having it it's started going into limp mode
On cold mornings it starts and idles fine but once I warm it up a bit and go to take off its like it won't go past 2000 revs I've had the suction control valve replaced and went well for three days but it's gotten worse I can't even get to the shop without it going into limp mode sometimes the engine lite comes on sometimes it doesn't
The bloke I bought it off had receipts for a full engine rebuild (30k) total he spent on it with extras.
I spoke to the mechanic that done the work on it and he said the only thing that hadn't been touched was the injector pump pretty much everything else was new.
The recent faults I've got are in the photo below
I love the car it's got plenty of power when it wants to but I'm a carer for my Mrs and I need to get her to appointments and can't be without a car.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Cheers stuey

Attachments

• IMG20220325083617.jpg
    IMG20220325083617.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 12
I wonder if there's a problem with the EGR valve? Fastest way to remove this from the equation with your model is to replace the gasket on the valve side of the gold EGR pipe with a blanking plate (make it yourself from 1mm stainless or mild steel). Don't worry about flow detection, the 2007 model didn't have an EGR flow sensor.

Boost shouldn't change a lot between cold/hot engines. It won't be a fuel leak around the filter because it starts cold without problems.

I'd look at the EGR first. It's free, and might fix it. Just be aware that blocking it isn't legal in Australia.

I wonder if there's a problem with the EGR valve? Fastest way to remove this from the equation with your model is to replace the gasket on the valve side of the gold EGR pipe with a blanking plate (make it yourself from 1mm stainless or mild steel). Don't worry about flow detection, the 2007 model didn't have an EGR flow sensor.

Boost shouldn't change a lot between cold/hot engines. It won't be a fuel leak around the filter because it starts cold without problems.

I'd look at the EGR first. It's free, and might fix it. Just be aware that blocking it isn't legal in Australia.
Hi mate it's already deleted it's constantly going into limp mode now and fault is p0093 fuel leak I can't seem to find it anywhere to be honest

if you havent checked your fuel filter or its recently been replaced i would start there.. theres a sensor on it that wont always turn the whole way home and could cause issues.

Don't forget that it may not always be "leaking" fuel to be a fuel leak - there may be compromised fuel lines that are instead taking in air.

underneath the filter is the fuel primer bulb. after having it sat overnight, how many squeezes does it take to go firm? if your answer if more than say half a dozen keep pumping and counting - it should eventually go firm - now heres @Old.Tony 's trick - once firm, keep on pumping.. pump it until you find fuel leaking from somewhere and go from there.. may be one, or there may be five? if you find one, fix and retest

if you havent checked your fuel filter or its recently been replaced i would start there.. theres a sensor on it that wont always turn the whole way home and could cause issues.

Don't forget that it may not always be "leaking" fuel to be a fuel leak - there may be compromised fuel lines that are instead taking in air.

underneath the filter is the fuel primer bulb. after having it sat overnight, how many squeezes does it take to go firm? if your answer if more than say half a dozen keep pumping and counting - it should eventually go firm - now heres @Old.Tony 's trick - once firm, keep on pumping.. pump it until you find fuel leaking from somewhere and go from there.. may be one, or there may be five? if you find one, fix and retest

Thanks for your reply I found out it was the file rail pressure sensor that caused me all the trouble
Bloody sensor ended up costing me over 2k in loss of work but is now fixed thanks to act automotive and off-road

Latest posts

Back